Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Shawl-a-long
Anyone working on a shawl or is thinking about starting one? I'm starting Kiri in some Jaggerspun Zephyr color Sage. It's going to be for my mom.
Join in!

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
oneyarn
Ribbing the Cuff

I just started Alix's Lace Prayer Shawl. I am using STR yarn color Lucy. I really like the way the colors are looking with this pattern.

It is fun to be knitting something else besides socks with the yarn and the pattern said I just needed 1 skein to do a shoulder shawl.

But I am wondering just how many repeats of the pattern I do before starting my bottom edge. Does anyone have any idea?

I am using a life line after each pattern repeat in case I go to far and have to back out, so I can get my edge on.

oneskein is all you need to knit happy
oneyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
bellium
1st Leg of the Journey

i just started tri-aran-angle from knitty - going to give it to my mother as a christmas gift, so i wanted to give myself a BIG head-start!
bellium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
I just started the Little Arrowhead Shawl - free pattern from the Interweave Knits website. The pattern calls for 260yds of a silk lace yarn, but I'm using Koigu KPPPM in 2 colorways; I'm gonna alternate the skeins - 4 total. And this is for me.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Yay! I am trying to figure out how to make the Kiri shawl into a rectangle instead of a triangle. I think I'm just going to use the lace pattern repeat that they provide, but I'm not sure about how many stitches to cast on. I guess I'll just have to take a guess and wing it.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
I'm really interested in lace at the moment.
Besides the Little Arrowhead shawl, I'm still working on Convertible from Knitty.com, using BMFA Bambu in the Obsidian colorway. I'm also working on Kiri, using handpaintedyarns.com laceweight; the Fircone wrap from wendyknits.com, also in HPY laceweight; and the Falling Water Lace scarf in Knit Picks Shadow - Oregon Cost.
So far, I've made an Icarus shawl and the Shetland Triangle Shawl, both as gifts.
But I'm determined to finished the Convertible-----I bought the yarn at last years Stitches East, and told myself that this year I couldn't buy any more yarn from BMFA unless I used what I bought before.
Oh yeah, right!
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Progress!
First, I attempted to change Kiri from a triangle to a rectangle. After ten or so rows, I realized that wasn't going to work and that all it was looking like was holes. Then I started another lace pattern that looked somewhat like Kiri, but I was doing that when I was watching TV and it didn't work out. After that, I realized that I didn't really like the stitch pattern that I was using. I leafed through a borrowed issue of VK spring/summer '05, and found a great stitch that I liked a lot more than what I had been doing.

That's after a repeat and a few rows. I really like it so far, and it's going to be airy and light because of the lace weight on size 7 needles.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
Old 05-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Sun Ray Shawl
I'm almost finished with my Sun Ray Shawl
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
lostchyld
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm in the middle of Garden Path from Elann.com. It's very fun because no two rows are the same. I can't tell you how much TINKing I've done to get to where I am.

I'm working with Caron Simply Soft yarn. It's not my first choice, but I needed to have a project to work on or risk insanity and that's what I could afford. I'm to the point of not really caring how the end product looks, so I'm going to switch to lime green when this skein runs out and if I have to, I'll pick a third colour for the edge.

Would it be possible for everyone to provide links to their patterns? It would be nice to see the sample images.

Cheers.

-Caet
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
Yarn Doc
Knitting the Flap

I'm working on the Flower Basket Shawl from Fall 04 Interweave. It's been slow-going, probably because it's my very first lace project ever. I'm doing it in Fleece Artist basic merino sock yarn, which is a between a fingering and sport weight. The pattern calls for 2 strands of laceweight held together, and I figured this was pretty close. And easier than trying to wrestle with tangled up laceweight.
Yarn Doc is offline   Reply With Quote