Old 05-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
Markette
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm working on the Lily of the Valley shawl from a back issue of Knitters in Jaggerspun Zephyr, daffodil color. It's a triangular shawl, and you start with one of the side borders and then pick up stitches and knit the body and top and side borders at the same time. I was a little worried after knitting the border, because it was longer than I was tall, but once I picked up the stitches it pulled differently and shrank considerably. It's still going to be a large piece, though.

Now I'm firmly in the land of nupps, but thanks to my new Addi lace needle that I picked up during a sale at a LYS yesterday, they're moving along just fine. The point is about the same sharpness as the Options needles (yet for some reason doesn't try to split the yarn like the Options needle I was using did), but the taper is longer and there's a narrow bit at the tip that makes knitting 5 together no more trouble than knitting two together.

My husband is taking classes in the evenings for the next six weeks or so, and I started this project so I'd have a chance to learn lace with no distractions, and I'm starting to think I might actually finish before he's done!
Markette is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

The lace Addis sounds really nice. Right now I'm just using my Options, and they are working out well but it can be hard to get the stitches onto the needle and once I go to knit them, they slide off. This happens a lot though because I'm a tight knitter.
I have currently been struggling with the smae row for over an hour now, because I miscounted and had to undo and then decrease and somehow I got lost. Right now I have the right number of stitches, and the mistakes shouldn't be too noticable, though I'm hoping that I can even them out when blocking.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I'm working on the Estonian Garden Wrap from Fiber Trends.. I am almost done..then I'm going to start the Civil War Shawl KAL... also have the Romance Wrap on needles too.. I finished up the swallow tail shawl last month... I'm really into knitting lace right now... I gotta get into wearing shawls...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #14
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

I think I need to start wearing shawls too (or at least find someone else who does). Now that I've started my first one, I understand that they are ADDICTIVE and now I'm bookmarking patterns like there's no tomorrow.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
MCD
Casting On

I'm working on the Candle Flame Shawl, free pattern from knitpicks http://www.knitpicks.com/Candle+Flam...D50465220.html. I'm using their Shimmer Yarn in Deep Woods. It's for my mom. I was hoping to have it done by Mother's Day(that would be this year) but I guess 1 month wasn't enough time It's my first attempt at a lace project, although the pattern is technically not lace I've been told because there isn't a pattern in every row - whatever :rollseyes:.
MCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
bluepeninsula
Casting On

I'm working on three lace shawls! Crazy, I know. One is with worsted weight cotton/silk and is zipping along. Last night I reached 30 inches on it, and since I would like it to be 60-65 preblocking, it's about half done.

The other two are with laceweight and will probably take a long time, since I'm knitting other things, too. One is Donna Druchunas's Arctic Diamonds Stole from Interweave Knits (fall or winter 06, I think). I'm closing in on the halfway point with that one.

The third shawl is a circular shawl I'm designing myself, using EZ's basic Pi shawl plan. I'm using an indigo blue Zephyr for it. I love the fact that there's no purling since it's knit in the round!

Pics of them at various stages are on my blog (scroll down). I'll probably post more up-to-date pics next weekend.
bluepeninsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #17
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

I love your snowdrop lace shawl! It's really pretty.
I worked on my shawl yesterday, and am in the middle of the fifth repeat. I probably won't be able to knit at all today, because I have a school concert, but I'm hoping to get something done tomorrow or Friday.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #18
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
I'm working on the Estonian Garden Wrap from Fiber Trends.. I am almost done..then I'm going to start the Civil War Shawl KAL... also have the Romance Wrap on needles too.. I finished up the swallow tail shawl last month... I'm really into knitting lace right now... I gotta get into wearing shawls...
That Civil War Shawl is amazing! When I get a little more time to look at the link I may just make it for myself. I believe I will need to find NEW places to go just to wear my shawl(s)
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #19
oneyarn
Ribbing the Cuff

Caet,

You asked about links to everyone's pattern--Here's the one I am working on--Alix’s Lace Prayer Shawl

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index....page&pageID=21

oneskein is all you need to knit happy
oneyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #20
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by Arielluria View Post
That Civil War Shawl is amazing! When I get a little more time to look at the link I may just make it for myself. I believe I will need to find NEW places to go just to wear my shawl(s)

I know.. I sent it to my mom with look at this and then before I knew it we were both making one.. the ones they have completed on the yahoo group are ...

I will need to find a new place too.. being a SAHM of 2 I don't really get the chance to wear shawls.. or go to anything that you would.. told dh the other day I'll just bring them into style at the grocery store and school...

bluepeninsula~ I love that snow drop too so pretty!!

Have you guys seen Knitspot's patterns? They are so pretty.. I have a few that I want to make soon... you gotta scroll down a pretty good ways to find the links on her site...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote