Old 05-31-2007, 02:13 AM   #21
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
i am going to do this for my mum's birthday (head start as its in december). its my first attempt at lace, but i like a chalange.

trouble is i need to find yarn to go with it. no idea what i need etc as can't find it on the website (could have been one of those days when i looked last night as i was having one of those days lol)

http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/TripleLarge.html

susi
susi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:50 AM   #22
catownedanna
Working the Gusset

This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag har stickat 45 rader nu" = "I've knit 45 rows now"
_____

Day before yesterday I started knitting the Diamond Fantasy Shawl in Helen's Lace (colour Jeans). I've knit the 35 rows of start up and then 10 out of the 20 rows that are then repeated 'til the end. I like the look and feel of it so far!

Had a hard time yesterday though when banging my head against the wall because of my inability to count properly. I had to go back to lifelines twice and also fudged three yarn overs that I had missed when moving my stitch markers... :sigh:

Hope it gets better when I learn the pattern and can read my lace.

I'm thinking that this shawl might be a birthday gift for my mother. Or maybe a Christmas gift?

On the needles: A couple of different projects
Recently off the needles: A couple of different projects
catownedanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:01 PM   #23
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #24
KathyinCali
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by HanAku View Post
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?
I'm pretty go forward on most things I want to knit but with lace, I've taken advice from a couple of posters on the forum and I'm doing dishcloths. As much as I'd like to run head long into a beautiful lace shawl, I know myself and would give up on it if I don't have at least the basics down...

Everyone's projects are so beautiful!!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

OTN-
Blanket Sweater and Sweaters for My Li'l Lucy!
KathyinCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #25
Arielluria
Instepping Out

The Sun Ray Shawl (link below on my sig) is my first attempt ever at lace and I found it very interesting and easy to do.

Please post there if you are going to do it, I would love to see all the different colors, some are already posted there. I found picking the color (as you will see by the posts) was the hardest thing for me to do.

Having an issue with bindoff now, but only because the directions don't match the picture.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #26
Arielluria
Instepping Out

I thought (for my warm climate) it might be nice to make a shawl in Peaches & Cream cotton. Has anyone done that? Taken a regular pattern and done in cotton? If so, how did you like the way it turned out?
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #27
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I knitted Cozy in Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece.. it turned out nice I was kinda worried about it.. a little heavier than I thought.. but I made it for an older friend to wrap in and not get to hot...

Cozy was my first lace I think.. It was very simple to do and didn't have any problems with it.. turned out pretty than the pictures on knitty show...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #28
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Lace is actually easier than you think. I wasfrom lace for a while, until I actually started something and realized that all you have to do is a little counting with a few glances at the pattern or chart. It would probably be easier to attempt lace in one straight rectangle first though as there are no increases to add to the lace that make it more confusing. (It doesn't have to be a dishcloth, keep in mind.)

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #29
earthchick
Turning the Heel

Oooh, I'm in! I am currently knitting the Shoulder Shawl in Syrian Pattern from Victorian Lace Today, in KP Shimmer (Turquoise Splendor). I'm really excited about how it's turning out so far!

Catownedanna - I really really want to do the Diamond Fantasy Shawl next, possibly for a black tie wedding I am in this November. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
earthchick
Turning the Heel

Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to post pics on this new board....

Oof, just discovered my files are too big now. Will try again later.

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote