Old 05-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Lin
HELP!
Can anyone figure these instructions out??
STEM
Fasten off white color; attach green. K6 rnds even.
Next rnd: K2tog 4 times, k3 tog 0 times-4sts. Fasten off green;
attach pink

Now I can pretty much understand these instructions...BUT before I begin this new paragraph, I'm starting with only 8 sts. So how do I K2 tog 4 times??? Wouldn't I have to have had 8 sts?? But, I don't, I have 6! And that is what I'm suppose to have according to the pattern....so, is the pattern incorrect?? Maybe a typo??? And what is 6 rounds even?? Do I just knit 6 rows? I'm working on circular needles....Thanks, Linda
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Can anyone figure these instructions out??
STEM
Fasten off white color; attach green. K6 rnds even.
Next rnd: K2tog 4 times, k3 tog 0 times-4sts. Fasten off green;
attach pink

Now I can pretty much understand these instructions...BUT before I begin this new paragraph, I'm starting with only 8 sts. So how do I K2 tog 4 times??? Wouldn't I have to have had 8 sts?? But, I don't, I have 6! And that is what I'm suppose to have according to the pattern....so, is the pattern incorrect?? Maybe a typo??? And what is 6 rounds even?? Do I just knit 6 rows? I'm working on circular needles....Thanks, Linda
So you just finished the white, now you are attaching the green. With however amount of stitches you have (8, according to the part I bolded), you knit 2 tog 4 times in a row(k2tog, k2tog, k2tog, k2tog), which brings the 8 stitches you had down to 4 stitches total. I don't know why they wrote k3 tog zero times.

The 6 rounds even is just knitting 6 rounds without any decreases or increases (rows are called rounds when you work on circular needles because you are knitting in a circle).

Make any sense?

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Lin
Thanks for your reply! Sometimes the most obvious is the hardest! I have to say that I had to pull out the whole baby hat and am starting from scratch..... I'm hoping that things will go better when I reach this point again. Since I'm using DPN for the stem part of the hat (it's an upside down flower), it gets tight at the end of the stem. I think that maybe my stitches got twisted because I ended up with a big hole in the stem on one side. So, I'm starting the whole thing over!! I'm a beginner so to speak, so I guess that is how you learn!! Thanks again, Linda
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote