Old 05-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
dora little
Casting On

book cover
Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend.
I haven't started on my hat but I will soon.in the meantime I wanted to know how to start knitting a book cover for my note book. any suggestions or websites or diagrams would be helpful
I'm making it so I can have a pretty cover , for my vegan recepies and the like.

thank's guys, I really appreciate it
dora little is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

You'll have to figure out your gauge (number of sts per inch you are knitting with the yarn and needles you've chosen - call that number Y.

Then measure the book as it lays open flat. You'll need the measurement from cover to cover across the back. To that measurement, add 6 to 8 inches-call that number X.

Cast on the appropriate number of sts: Y multiplied by X. Knit until it's as long as the book is from top to bottom. Cast off. Lay book on washed and blocked knitted piece. Fold sides over so they create a pocket that the cover can slip into. Sew the tops and bottoms of the pockets. Slip book into cover.

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote