Old 05-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
letah75
Working the Gusset

OT - HUGE change in my life & quick
Hi all,

I haven't been on for a week, which for me is crazy, because I'm usually on here what seems like all day everyday. But this week has been a whirlwind for me.

I have been single for a while now...well no more. I had a friend of mine come into town, I've known him since I was about 9 years old. He was my first kiss, I was his first kiss. I know him because he and his family have gone to my church since the moved to the US from Belize. Anyway, he came up here to visit his sister who is in college, and called me (last Monday) to see if I wanted to go out to dinner. We went to dinner, talked had a good time, well, somehow, we decided that we should be together. So he just left to go home. He's been here a week.

On Saturday, we drove 3 hours and went to his niece's birthday party, told his family we're dating, then met my parents for dinner. There were a lot of double takes, wide eyes, and "uhhh, oh....uhhh, really?!?" (My cousin thought I was joking and trying to play a trick on her).

See we've known each other for about 21-22 years now (I'm 31, he's 32), and there's no needing to get to know one another, no trying to put the best foot forward, etc. I know all his f ups and he knows mine. This is the weirdest thing, we just fell into FULL relationship mode. I think we've been there for a while, anytime we are around one another, people think we're together anyway.

Well, he went and got his son on Friday, and we spent the whole weekend together. It was amazing. I've never felt this thing that I'm feeling right now. I'm so excited, but my head is still spinning!!!!!

I am so comfortable with him it's kinda scary, in fact all of my friends up here have been talking about it, and telling me they've never seen me so happy, or relaxed. Most of them have known me between 5-9 years. They're amazed.

I had to share, everyone on this board is like family, and I kinda wanted to see what ya'll think....good lord, I barely know what I think, my family and his family are all in shock. Good shock, but shock nonetheless!!!

Many this is so strange. I feel like I'm where I should be and where I've always wanted to be and it's kinda freakin' me out.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

Last edited by Hildegard_von_Knittin : 05-30-2007 at 11:41 AM.
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Good for you! I hope it works out!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Good Luck. Sometimes things just happen this way. I've known couples who knew right away that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Oh its wonderful to hear stories like this! I hope it all goes wonderful for you!

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

What a wonderful feeling! I am glad for you both and wish you the best life has to offer! Go with and enjoy every moment! Isn't great to "find" something like that when it's been so close to you for so long. Sigh, I love happy endings/new beginnings!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
Jillle
Turning the Heel

It does sound wonderful!
It comes down to timing. You were both ready for the same thing, at the same time.

Wow, I actually finished something!
  • Fauxhawk from Pretty In Punk
  • Dreamswatch with KH Yarn
Up Next:
  • Clap with Briar Rose!
Jillle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Congratulations! I think it's wonderful!

My sister knew my dh's brother for about 10 years before it "clicked." They were best friends throughout her first marriage and her divorce that followed (he in no way caused it). She never felt anything romantic until the day after her divorce was final. As she says, God zapped her with "love" feelings for him. They had their first date/kiss on New Year's Eve and were married that June. They had been best friends ever since she was 14. It was the natural thing.

So, having said all that, I've seen it happen and totally believe in it. Good luck!!! I hope it works out for you too!!!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #8
lauraknits
Knitting the Flap

Magic!

I am so happy for you!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

Umm... just so you know... this is exactly the way my DH and I started dating. Good luck to you!

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #10
Nobones
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to Nobones
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Good Luck. Sometimes things just happen this way. I've known couples who knew right away that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together.

That's my hubby and I. We both knew. This is fantastic, I am so happy for you both. I hope you 'll both be very happy.

My dress & costume making website-
www.gothwardian.co.uk

'Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work'. -Aristotle

Nobones is offline   Reply With Quote