Old 05-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Chez Order
I ordered several skeins of malabrigo from Chez Casuelle and still haven't received my order. I contacted the company and they said they would check and were overwhelmed with the sale. Very apologetic...then I heard from them again and they couldn't find one of the colors I had ordered. Still very apologetic and asked if I wanted to cancel the order or send half the order then send the rest later. It's been over a week since my last email from them and I never heard back from them asking if they would double charge me for shipping due to two orders. I sent another email to check up on my order since I haven't received anything yet. Should I be concerned, anyone else ever have an issue???

I ordered from Webs (yarn.com) and I got it within two days of my order! Same with yarnbow from ebay.

Sandi

luv2knit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
PCwombat
Knitting the Flap

I haven't received my yarn yet because apparently, they couldn't find the color I ordered either. They told me that I could either cancel my either or wait a month and some for the new shipment. I told them I didn't mind waiting. It's not like I need another WIP at the moment.
PCwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PCwombat For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-20-2007)
Old 05-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
debb
Knitting the Flap

I've ordered from them twice. The first time there was stuff on backorder, many weeks and emails later got most of stuff except one color unable to get. They apologized and threw in some extra hanks for my trouble/wait. A few months later, I decided to take a chance with one of their sales. The stuff they had in stock came right away but there was some confusion with the balance of my order. It took many more emails to get everything sent. Again, they took extra steps to make up for the problems.

My sense is that they are honest and maybe I just had some bad luck but I did decide not to order during this sale due to these experiences. Don't give up, I'm sure you'll get your order, it just may take some effort
debb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to debb For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-20-2007)
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by PCwombat View Post
I haven't received my yarn yet because apparently, they couldn't find the color I ordered either. They told me that I could either cancel my either or wait a month and some for the new shipment. I told them I didn't mind waiting. It's not like I need another WIP at the moment.
At least I am not alone with a issue with my order. And I completely agree I have plenty on my needles and waiting in the wings that I can wait a few weeks!

It's good to hear that both of you despite have order problems they were resolved eventually.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Momto G B and H
1st Leg of the Journey

I ordered some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport form them. THey had 8 skeins of the color I wanted, and I was telephoned within a few days to ask if I minded that 2 of the skeins were a different lot number. My order took about 10 days to arrive but it did come. They are difficult to get via telephone, so I just left a message and they followed my instructions just fine.
Sorry everyone else has had problems, but their prices were unbeatable!
Cee-Cee 4
Ravelry ID--MomtoGBandH
My blog--Put that on your needles and knit it!!
Momto G B and H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Momto G B and H For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-20-2007)
Old 05-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
baronreads
Knitting the Flap

I had the same problem, they couldn't find 2 of the colors I ordered. I asked them to sub some Lorna's Laces (which was a bit more expensive), they did and didn't charge me the difference and got it right out. I'm very happy with their customer service!!

baronreads is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baronreads For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-20-2007)
Old 05-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
Yarn Doc
Knitting the Flap

I've ordered from her before, and I think Chez Casuelle is a small, one-woman operation, so things are considerably slower than at Webs or a huge operation like that. I also think the volume of orders is difficult for one person to handle. But I've received both my orders in a timely manner, and once she even called to ok an order with 2 different dye lots, rather than just sending it and hoping I don't figure it out.

Try giving her a call - she's really nice, and tries really hard to make things right.
Yarn Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yarn Doc For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-20-2007)
Old 05-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #8
mwedzi
Working the Gusset

I also tried to order from them during the sale, but she said they were having problems with the new site and it was showing inventory they didn't actually had. She contacted me a week or two later asking if I wanted to cancel or take fewer items. I just canceled. I didn't have the option of waiting for more inventory, cuz the sale price was only for in-stock items. Ah well. I know she is a small business and so was overwhelmed. Probably it was not the best idea for her to both move to a new site with all the buggies and complications that involves *and* have a huge sale at the same time.

mwedzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mwedzi For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-21-2007)
Old 05-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #9
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mwedzi View Post
I also tried to order from them during the sale, but she said they were having problems with the new site and it was showing inventory they didn't actually had. She contacted me a week or two later asking if I wanted to cancel or take fewer items. I just canceled. I didn't have the option of waiting for more inventory, cuz the sale price was only for in-stock items. Ah well. I know she is a small business and so was overwhelmed. Probably it was not the best idea for her to both move to a new site with all the buggies and complications that involves *and* have a huge sale at the same time.
Humm, I wonder if they are going to charge me the full price then??? I was given the option to cancel my order or split it. I hadn't thought about the price being affected, and she didn't mention that when she emailed me. Hopefully I will hear back from her this next week. Maybe it would have been better for me to just have canceled my order, not like I "need" anymore yarn.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #10
KathyinCali
Turning the Heel

I ordered during the sale and my package came within a week. I ordered a lot and they didn't put any of mine on back order. Hmmm...Maybe I ordered the unpopular stuff and you all ordered the most sought after? I hope you get it soon!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

OTN-
Blanket Sweater and Sweaters for My Li'l Lucy!
KathyinCali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KathyinCali For This Useful Post:
luv2knit (05-21-2007)