Old 06-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #21
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

thank you for posting this one. just found out my cousin is preggers, and what a perfect snuggly for a little one!

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
larudden
Knitting the Flap

I thought that, since I have a bunch of black chenille, I would try to make this but, instead of a bunny, it's going to be a black cat with yellow eyes.

Any idea how I would alter the ears on this pattern? Thanks.
larudden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #23
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

such a cute idea for the kitty!
you could probably figure out how to make them by looking at this pattern

you might need to make then just a little smaller then the hat pattern, though.

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
ladyroto
Ribbing the Cuff

I finished one of these but the head turned out wrong :( I ended up with an extra stitch. The head consists of rows of purl, slip across ending in a slip (28 stitches if I remember correctly) so when I turned and started the next row I mistook my yarn for another loop and ended up with 29 stitches. I didn't realize my error until I finished the head and tried to stuff it. So my bunny ended up with a flat head. My 9 year old loves it but it was originally for a friend who is pregnant.

Cute pattern, I will give it another try once I finish the baby sweater and blanket I have started.

FYI: I used antique white chenille that I had on hand instead of the velvet.
ladyroto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
ladyroto
Ribbing the Cuff

Wow, thank you itsjustmeghan for the kitty hat pattern!! My daughter was just requesting a kitty hat the other day.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #26
larudden
Knitting the Flap

OK, so I just did the k2 together all the way across w/my size 8's. Now I'm not sure where to go with this because I want to make this a kitty cat and don't want the long ears. I thought maybe I would just do the head and then, at the end, just pick up some stitches to do the ears. However, I'm not sure how to complete the head without the ears. Any ideas? For some reason, I'm just not "seeing how the head is going to come together.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #27
ladyroto
Ribbing the Cuff

So if you are at the K2tog across row-14 sts that would mean you are at Row 62 and here you are still shaping the head. I would continue on as the pattern says until you reach the Shape Ears portion. Row 1 says P3tog, return st to left needle, cast on 17 sts......

I would think for a kitty you would just cast on fewer stitches and adjust the pattern accordingly. I am no expert and I shy away from altering patterns other than simple adjustments.

I am going to attempt to insert a picture of my bunny "mess up". Like I had posted earlier, I messed up in the shaping of the head so that it could not be stuffed. Hopefully this picture will give you an idea of how the head "comes together".

The Following User Says Thank You to ladyroto For This Useful Post:
larudden (07-12-2007)
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #28
larudden
Knitting the Flap

Alright, so now I'm doing the P1, Sl1. So tell me again HOW this ends up coming out so it can be stuffed? I keep looking at this pattern and it's escaping me.

Gosh, I feel so stupid that I can't "see" this!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #29
ladyroto
Ribbing the Cuff

I think it is because you alternate the slip and purl and not slip the slips and purl the purls, You start each row with a Purl and end the rows with a slip. I felt the same way........once I realized my mistake I corrected it and finished according to pattern and only the very top is able to be stuffed. I can slip my finger (only 1 fingers width) into the head. Just make sure you follow the pattern and not make the same mistake I did. See, not only did I inadvertantly add another stitch but my slipped stitches, after a few rows, were so tight that I had to purl all the way across (mistake, I know) just to give the stitches some slack. I had already broken a stitch earlier in the body section and I didn't want to repeat.

I bought another skein of Chenille and I plan on tackling this project again. It is a cute bunny plus I don't give up that easily!

FYI: The reason my slipped stitches were too tight is because I was slipping the same slipped stitches over and over.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
pixiepurls
1st Leg of the Journey

so is it like double knitting or something? Are you knitting the front and back at the same time but don't know it? I still have to knit the head!
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote