Old 06-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
susnrob
Casting On

Wool Soakers
Anyone here knit wool soakers for babies? I'm working on the LTK Picky Pants pattern. I've been having some trouble with the short row with wrap. Keep starting it over. I knit a couple of the wraps together correctly, but not all of them. I'm gonna try again.
susnrob is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Mariblue
Working the Gusset

Are you talking about this pattern? I haven't knit it, but it looks really cute.
Is this the first time you've done short rows? They take a little practice. I know that different patterns vary a little in how they actually do the short row, but maybe if you look at a short row sock pattern (that's the one I like the best), it might help to get a different prospective. Short rows are awesome, just keep at it, and you'll get it!
Mariblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
i have knit that pattern and loved it (need to make some more for a friend's new baby on the way too!) what kind of trouble are you having with the wrap? It was the first time i had done that kind of thing but the pictures they showed helped a lot!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
susnrob
Casting On

Originally Posted by Mariblue View Post
Are you talking about this pattern? I haven't knit it, but it looks really cute.
Is this the first time you've done short rows? They take a little practice. I know that different patterns vary a little in how they actually do the short row, but maybe if you look at a short row sock pattern (that's the one I like the best), it might help to get a different prospective. Short rows are awesome, just keep at it, and you'll get it!
Yes, that is the pattern I am working on. Yes, this pattern is my first attempt at short rows.

Originally Posted by brendajos View Post
i have knit that pattern and loved it (need to make some more for a friend's new baby on the way too!) what kind of trouble are you having with the wrap? It was the first time i had done that kind of thing but the pictures they showed helped a lot!
Yes, it seems like a really great pattern. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I think I just need to practice it a little more.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 AM   #5
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
okay well let me know if i can help. i can't promise that i can but i will try! This video of Amy's might help you as well, if you haven't already seen it. (It is under the Advanced techniques tab at the top of the page if you are looking for it later!)

Last edited by brendajos : 06-17-2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Fixing smiley!
brendajos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
susnrob
Casting On

Yes, I've seen the video. It has been very helpful. I think that I just am not paying enough attention. There is usually one of my little ones distracting me! I will post later if I need some more help. Thank you!