Old 06-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Maybe a Double Knit question
I have a friend who wants to knot a pouch and she says that it is not done in the round but that you work both sides at the same time. The only thing I could think of that was similar to that was double knit, but having never done double knit work I didn't know if you could end up with a hollow middle. Can that be done? If not, does anyone have any idea what she may be talking about? We are both living history geeks (Society for Creative Anachronism) and she has seen this small puch worked, but doesn't have a pattern. So she calls her knitting friend and wants to know what size needles she should use with crochet thread from Walmart. :rollingeyes:

Thanks!

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
If she's going to use crochet thread - very small needles! And yes it would be double knitting which is a tube closed on both ends, but you can leave the top open and just finish it off.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote