Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

Not sure if I like all the new "improvements" here...
Boy, ya go away for awhile & just work & knit & work & knit, and then ya come back to visit & everything's different!

Gonna take some getting used to...

Diane
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Well, after we got used to it, it's really nice
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

I'm not feelin' the love myself. Too much to sift through with the new forums, I'm too lazy!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel

i'm lovin it!

married my beloved january 9, 2008!!!!! <3
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
misstialouise
Working the Gusset

I'm on the fence still.. :D

Version: 1.1
KCR++ Exp+ SPM+ *Options+++ Addi+ Wood+ Cas+ Cot++ Wool+++ Lux++ Hemp++ Nov+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent Lace++ Tex++ Felt+++ Flat Circ+++ DPN ML2 Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB GaugeDK(F) WIP+(++) ALTSw+Sp+Cr+X

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On my Options:
Drake the Dreaded Dragon Backpack - girly version for my niece for Christmas

I'M IN !! I'm vintagegrrl on Ravelry
misstialouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
zazzu
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm loving the changes. The mods set everything up in a more organized way and it's much easier to find threads now.

I was getting frustrated with the general knitting section getting overrun with OT posts. OT posts are fun, they just needed their own folder.

And the new crochet folder is great! Crochet lovers can visit, and crochet haters can avoid it. Easy peasy.

Really, I think you'll get used to this quickly.
zazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:01 AM   #7
five_six
Turning the Heel

I've gotten quite used to it, except now I have to use my memory more for the threads I'm NOT following. In the old forum if you had read a thread it was permanently marked another colour (you know, like when you have used a hyperlink before, it goes from blue to purple for eternity) which made it easy for me to see which things I had already checked. This mostly applies to the Whatcha Knitting forum. Now I find I have to remember the names of the threads I've already checked or I keep going into the same ones over and over again each day.

But apart from that, I can barely remember the old forum now.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #8
aineepooh1
Working the Gusset

I am kinda on the fence too b/c some aspects like the more organized format I . However, my only real complaint is that on the old forum you could "view your posts or view posts since you last visited." I am like another poster.. among all the boccoos of posters I often forget WHERE I posted my post and I cant find it.. I REALLY liked the view posts button b/c it was SOOO easy to find my posts..
Besides that: It's all good with me. AND I DO like the OT, CROCHET forums... amy and sheldon are so great about being receptive to what the commmunity wants~!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
five_six
Turning the Heel

Aineepooh1 - When I click on my name, i can view more posts by me... have you tried that approach to find the ones you've posted in

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by five_six View Post
I've gotten quite used to it, except now I have to use my memory more for the threads I'm NOT following. In the old forum if you had read a thread it was permanently marked another colour....
The links still change colors, from red to purple once you've read them. They turn red again if there are new posts in that thread that you haven't read yet. You can click on the little red "v" just before the thread title to go straight to the new posts.

I love the new forum. There are A LOT more new toys and tricks to play with. Look around, be sure to check out the thread and forum tools, your user panel, and all the little images and buttons around the threads. You might be surprised at what all this new forum can do!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote