Old 06-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
Lisa_H-Town
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa_H-Town
I am currently working on what will be my ugliest peice.... a scarf.... how come no one warned me about novelty yarns?? If I didn't have so many danged hours into it... I would give up... I just kept hoping it would get cuter...

DH wants the yarn to make fishing lures....... :rofling:

Lisa_H-Town is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Originally Posted by AmandaC View Post
Sorry Stine ... but the fact that it was meant to be straight and it turned out like that has made me

I was very upset at the time. Now it's very

The manager at my old B&N is a knitter, and I lent her the pattern. It did the same thing for her, so I blame the pattern.

There's definitely a line missing in the pattern, and even I was able to figure this out with my whole 10 rows of experience. All the increases/decreases are done on even rows, until the 13th row, when all of a sudden you start doing them on odd rows.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
debinoz
Turning the Heel

A hat. I was trying to make up my own beret pattern. It looks more like a giant cupcake......
Old 06-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
jeanius80
Instepping Out

it was a baby sweater i was crocheting with bernat sweet stripes. it was a one piece knit, but my back rectangle was turning into a wonky triangle. i gave up. the yarn in hiding in the bottom drawer of my craft cart. i don't know if i'll ever pick up that yarn again......
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #15
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Are you inferring that I have ever knit something that wasn't fabulous? Moi? Never.

Ok, really -- there was the one sock that never made it to be a pair when I learned that I was knitting continental and purling combination then tried to fix that in the middle of the sock and it looked all wonky. Then there was the Haiku sweater I tried to make for a 2 year old girl I know -- it was wide enough for a teenager and short enough for a toddler. (Gauge -- why do you bother me with details like gauge!) Then there was the sweater I made for myself that was so short it was cropped but wide enough for me and dh to wear together. (why oh why did I keep knitting?)

I do manage to save myself by frogging most disasters before wearing them in public.

I treat my knitting like my photography and only show the good stuff. (have you ever been around someone who doesn't edit their vacation photos?) That way everything looks fabulous.

Best,
Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #16
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

Ah, novelty yarns . . . :rollseyes:

Last year I knit a whole bunch of different scarves from LB patterns for a December craft fair. Toward the end I was rushing to finish as many as I could and I chose the Fur-Trimmed Scarf, which is knit with Chenille Thick and Quick and then trimmed on each end with Fun Fur.

For some reason I still don't understand, I chose the Garnet Print for the chenille -- and HOT PINK for the Fun Fur! That scarf was so embarassing I almost decided not to put it out on the sale table.

Wouldn't you know, it was one of the first ones to go!
cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #17
Lisa_H-Town
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa_H-Town
Originally Posted by cristina61 View Post
Ah, novelty yarns . . . :rollseyes:

Wouldn't you know, it was one of the first ones to go!
Oh, so maybe there's hope the person I am making my monstrosity for will like it???

Lisa_H-Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 PM   #18
rainberry
Ribbing the Cuff

The ugliest thing I ever knitted was the first thing I made. It was supposed to be a Wisconsin dishcloth and I hate the yarn. I messed up somewhere and I didn't know what the right side and wrong side looked like so the picture and the letters WI got flipped. They are on opposite sides.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...segrl/WI-1.jpg
otn: wicked sweater, baby sock #2, baby fern dishcloth
I'm rainberry on Ravelry

rainberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #19
wildflower38
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower38
LOL. My first scarf. It's hideous.... red fun fur sections with "silk" nylon yarn overs...... What was I thinking

My blog is The Knitting Wildflower.

You can find me on Ravelry as wildflower38.

OTN:
Tour de France yellow jersey Socks(Spring Forward) in STR lightweight 24 karat
EZ's February Baby Sweater in Lion Brand Cotton Ease Lake
Log Cabin Moderne Baby Blanket in Lion Brand Cotton Ease Lake, Violet, Turquoise and Snow
wildflower38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #20
zip

The Martha Stewart poncho for my mom that she requested which my sister flatly refused to knit for her. The pattern called for Homespun, which sucked to knit with. It's so ugly that taking a photo never even occurred to me. Shandeh laughed at it when she saw it, yet she was kind enough to try to heal it as I live nearly 3000 miles away.

Mom said she loved it and would keep it in her car to use upon demand. I translated that to, "I'll stick it under a back tire for traction should I ever get stuck."

It's awful, horrid, unforgivably ugly. Don't knit it.