Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #51
Karrying Kolor
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by karendawn View Post
Last December I decided I would try knitting a stocking (I wanted to try a sock and figured a big sock would be good practice). I love the pattern and plan to actually do this over again so it looks right, but I'll never use this one.

Here's what I wrote in my knitting blog about it:
I started out okay. Once I got the hang of the double pointed needles, I found that I liked using them. I created and turned the heel just fine. That's when I hit the problem area. I somehow got the needles placed differently and found that I was knitting "inside out" - purl "bumps" on the outside when it should have been the knit "V". I didn't figure out what was wrong at first. After about 6 rows I figured it out and got myself going correctly again. I know that I REALLY should have frogged back, but I just couldn't bear to do it (I really wanted to finish that day, which was Christmas Eve). So I kept on. Also in my rush, I think I should have made the foot part longer. And then the tip of the toe is super pointed. It said to knit until 8 stitches remain, and I did but it just seems like too much.

And I'll include pictures.
I think the Grinch would be very touched to know that you knitted a Christmas stocking just for him! Teasing but...

Seriously, I am to ashamed to even discuss the socks I knit in Bernat's Hot Tamale...Way beyond Fugly colorway and my size 8 socks would have fit Sasquach

OTN: Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Sweater
Irish Hiking Scarf & Watch Cap
Raglan Sleeve Hoodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(KarryingKolor)
Karrying Kolor is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #52
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by IBAmyB View Post
This round dishcloth is pretty and works well with varigated yarns, but the red, white, and blue yarn I chose isn't working out too well, it hides the pretty pattern... It looks like a big blob of mixed colors as opposed to the pretty dishcloth. :(
Im making a few like that too. My MIL....LOVES blue and green, so I thought I would make her one where every time you make a new petal, I change the color...hers is blue and green. I think its AWFUL.

The ugliest thing I have ever knitted....oh let me show you... GAH. I bought a "Learn to Knit" kit at Hobby Lobby....2 sets of Boye aluminum needles, and various other crap...and the book said...

"Medium weight worsted yarn."

*shudder*

Thats what I picked out.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	CheysScarf.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	41394  

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #53
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

I would have to say the ugliest thing I have ever knitted was a scarf made of out Paton's Divine, I believe it was called. I believe it's a mohair blend or somthing like that. It is black and red. I thought it would look good with my red coat. Umm no. So now it's wrapped around the headrest in my car.

orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #54
jeanius80
Instepping Out

papergirl, i like your scarf
so far the 2 worst things i have knitted were both for my mom. first was a hat that had a sort of cone/nipple shape thing going on. i then added a pom pom to it,and now it is a play hat for the girls 2nd was a scarf that was started in moss stitch, then switched to linen stitch. after 4 inches of moss, i switched to linen. then somehow after about 4/5 inches, the linen stitch was showing up reversed! poor thing is hiding in a box woth the red heart super saver
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanius80 For This Useful Post:
PaperGirl (07-06-2007)
Old 07-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #55
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

My daughter has that thing somewhere in her closet now...

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote