View Poll Results: Which name seems like a keeper?
Scooter 6 10.34%
Chester 13 22.41%
Toonces 4 6.90%
Obie 6 10.34%
Hagan (means "Little Hugh" I love Hugh Jackman!) 6 10.34%
Shamus 7 12.07%
Schmooey 0 0%
Fozzie 4 6.90%
Twinky (our other cat's name is Binky) 12 20.69%
None of the above, I have a better suggestion.... 7 12.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
Chel
Turning the Heel

Mason, your kitty friend was beautiful. At least he was loved while he was alive. So many out there aren't.

I agree with them telling you their names. All 3 of mine did. I just kinda talked to them and stared into their sweet kitty faces and suddenly "the" name came to me.

I also have a thing against naming pets silly names. I personally would be mortified if I woke up one day named Frou-Frou Muffin Butt, so I pretty much try to afford them the same consideration.

My vote for a name?

Purrcival.... Percy.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #32
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

I like Scooter. That's my favorite.

Mason, I read about Socrates on your blog a couple of months ago. I think I cried.

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #33
jeanius80
Instepping Out

i already voted beore you posted his piccie.. now i changed my mind.. i vote for shamus. what cutie! reminds of a kittie i had.. he 'found' a kittie door at a nieghbors, and decided that was his new home, since food was constantly available and he could roam... i miss him! now we can't have any kitties cause dh is allergic
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #34
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
Well i'm so not a cat person...sorry everyone... But i think Scooter is a cute name and i really like Obie...Well really there is only 1 cat i could ever ever ever see myself "wanting" and (sorry don't know what kind/breed just looks) it was this short haired black, black, completely black cat with the biggest brightess emerald green eyes i'd ever seen...that's the only cat i'd ever want...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
ooooooooooooh nooooooooo....lol i see it happening already. when i finally adopt a kitty i am going to HAVE to name it Frou-Frou- Muffin Butt. must.wait.until.it.passes.....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #36
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

Well, I voted for Chester...now, my sister had a cat whose name was simply "Damn Cat" LOL Guess who WASN'T the cat lover in her family
Old 06-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #37
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

So cute! I named our 2 younger cats - CoCo looks black, but when he is in the sun his fur looks just like cocoa powder brown. Tiger has black stripes all over his white/gray/brown fur. My boyfriend, who hasn't a creative bone in his body, named our 2 older cats: Boy and Girl. Ugh! I call Boy "Buddy" though, however he loves attention so much he comes to whatever name he is called, it is so funny! We also had another black cat (who passed away at only 1 year old :0( ) who I named Cleo. When I was a kid, we had numerous cats. Some names were: Oreo, Buttons, Ebony, Tabby, Peaches, Kitty, Samantha, Blaze, Callie..... I like Scooter!

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #38
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Aw Mason, I'm sorry about your little buddy Those beautiful eyes sure make him look like he was a very smart kitty

DH has indeed made the li'l sh!t and other type of suggestions because he thinks he's sooooooo funny :rollseyes: (have i mentioned I'm married to a 38 year old 8th grader?). Mostly we have been referring to him as "the little one/guy/kitty" and generally we usually refer to Binky as "Kitty" so doing that is confusing as dh says "which one?" when he hears me holler. The little one is being very bitey about the hands/ankles etc. and for some reason likes to perforate ME from head to toe while I'm sleeping DH said how cute it was that he seemed to like me more at feeding time because I could get him to bottle feed and dh couldn't (must be a female thing) but I wonder why I get to be the one to get chewed on? So, water bottle training has begun. Binky just sits there and looks like, "Been there done that newbie"

Thanks for all the suggestions and anecdotes, I'm reporting the "results" to dh as we go along.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #39
pixi stix
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to pixi stix
Kitty name
I suggest Orion as a name for the kitty. I also liked Shamus from the above list. Cute kitty for sure
pixi stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #40
jeanius80
Instepping Out

i was recently reminded of a kitty we had. he was all black with white paws and a white tummy. we named him Nike (you know, instead of boots or sox real clever i know)
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote