Old 06-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by ekgheiy View Post
Oh noesss, Silver. Why, why, WHY did you post this type of temptation for a eeevil mortal weakling such as myself??
(evil cackling)
Because I am an evil enabler.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
zazzu
1st Leg of the Journey

If the office manager refuses to do anything, your only recourse is HR. I don't recommend the passive-aggressive thing like leaving gum/mouthwash on her desk, etc. That was done to one of my husband's co-workers and he absolutely flipped out. Not good.

Personnel depts were created to handle this sort of thing. Go to them, that's what they get paid for.

Good luck!
zazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by zazzu View Post
If the office manager refuses to do anything, your only recourse is HR. I don't recommend the passive-aggressive thing like leaving gum/mouthwash on her desk, etc. That was done to one of my husband's co-workers and he absolutely flipped out. Not good.

Personnel depts were created to handle this sort of thing. Go to them, that's what they get paid for.

Good luck!
Unfortunately, we don't have a HR department. It's a small office. We get along pretty good. She will take a mint from me once in a while, like after lunch. But usually it's before lunch is when her breath is .
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #14
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

That is a terrible situation. Well, if you really can't stand it, you have two option: come right out and tell her, or do the anonymous thing. The third option is, do nothing.
I have never had anything like this personally in my department, but a couple of years ago there was this woman on our floor in a different department, who wore the same clothes every single day. A gray calf-length spandex type skirt and a white T-shirt. With no bra. She was very well endowed so it was quite obvious. (I'm still curious how she dressed for the interview!) Anyhow, after a few weeks of working there, there were finally enough complaints that HR had to step in and talk to her about it. She got some new clothes and a bra, but didn't work in our office much longer. Just last year, there was another girl that had to have a talking to. She came to work totally smelling like cat urine. It was pretty bad. One day it was really really awful. The girl who sat behind me went into the VP's office (gagging) to complain. The girl was sent home to bathe. I kind of felt bad for her, it must have been humiliating to be told you smell bad. But geez, how can you walk into your house and not notice an odor like that? She has several cats -- I myself have 4 cats, and cleaning the litter is an every day chore. She obviously wasn't doing that.

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote