Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #21
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
It's driving me CRAZY! I keep rereading, and I never get any further in the story. This anticipation is worse than the unspoiled anticipation, cause now you have a teensy piece of the puzzle. It just makes more questions!

Even with the spoiler, it only answers .001% of all the things that need to be answered and wrapped up in the last book. I have to say, if the pages are real, JKR has some cajones.

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #22
knitwit88
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to knitwit88
The first one is definitely fake, the real books have the page numbers on the bottom, with little star clusters.

Why must these bloobies be so cute... :D
knitwit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #23
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

That last spoiler post is definately fake. It looks nothing like the real book, and was obviously computer type written. Also, the words used in that "spoiler" were words that JKR would never use in her books. "Inundate" "surreal" and "apprehension," not to mention "reverberate."

Bad fan fiction is what I think.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #24
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by BostonBecca View Post
That last spoiler post is definately fake. It looks nothing like the real book, and was obviously computer type written. Also, the words used in that "spoiler" were words that JKR would never use in her books. "Inundate" "surreal" and "apprehension," not to mention "reverberate."

Bad fan fiction is what I think.
I was thinking the same thing! It just didn't seem right! I hate fake spoilers. I shouldn't be reading spoilers anyways but why are there so many fakes!

.........logging off to go finish rereading the series

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #25
debinoz
Turning the Heel

You have to remember that JKR herself said that she would be killing off a couple of the main characters in the final book. Something along the lines of it being a life lessons series and death was part of life. Also she said that she molded the Ron character after herself.... what better way to end a long series than by killing your alter-ego??
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #26
Knitlee
Ribbing the Cuff

The universe is obviously telling me that I should not be reading the spoilers...the link is not working for me
Old 07-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #27
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I was playing with the gifts under the Christmas tree. I figured out one of them was an outfit for my Barbie doll. It pretty much ruined Christmas for me. No anticipation.... :| And that was just one little present of the multitude I received that year.

I did learn my lesson, though. Never touched any of my Christmas gifts again. Never found out the sex of any of my six kids till s/he were handed to me. Never read the last chapter of a book first....

I don't do spoilers. I love speculating, guessing, and discussing, but I never want to find stuff out till I discover it in the "right" way!

Plenty of will power there. Just don't put a plate of doughnuts in front of me!

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #28
Leah22b
Knitting the Flap

There are only 2 situations that will get me to read the last chapter before its time...lol

1. The beginning just doesn't get me interested. Then I'll read the ending to see if it makes me want to figure out how that happened. If not its a horrible book. It doesn't happen much.

2. I'm sooooooo into the book that I can"t put it down and I have to go to work or do something I can't get out of, then I'll read it because otherwise I'd stay up 24-7 until its done. I'll still read the book, and I'll be going crazy to find out how the last chapter came into being all while I'm dieing for what ever is keeping me away is over so I can get back to my book...lol

I am so dieing to go see the movie, but can't just yet. Hopefully this next week sometime. Has anyone here seen it yet? What did you think?