Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #31
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Sarahc409 View Post
I'm travelling next month also and had the same questions. I will be working on socks with my bamboo needles. My question is, would it be so wrong to place the needles in my bag when they could blend in with my pencils (for example) and not say anything about having them?
I wouldn't say anything about them anyway...why invite closer inspection? If they don't catch it on the x-ray and ask you about them, that's their issue, IMHO.

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #32
Anarfea
1st Leg of the Journey

Hmmm... I'm interested that people are saying that you can't bring knitting needles on board in the UK--Since I knit on a flight from Budapest to London Luton a few weeks ago. I had a lace project on interchangable circs, (wood) and I disconnected the needle tips and put them in a pocket of my purse. No one said anything to me.

I also knit on a transatlantic flight from New York to Budapest, on bamboo DPNs, without any trouble. I would say try to get your needles on board, but don't bring your 14 inch aluminum straights, and don't bring a whole set of needles or your most expensive ones in case of confiscation.

Find me on Ravelry as TheNatKnits
Anarfea is offline   Reply With Quote