Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

I love all the noise
I'm in New York State and I love all the noise and sounds of a good thunderstorm. I do NOT like the damage of course that they can do.

I've always loved "loud" weather. Even when it's just windy out and the leaves on the trees move...I love those sounds especially if I'm in bed and can hear it thru open windows.

We moved back here ten years ago and we did not have as many thunderstorms in the past ten years like we have so far this year.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

I live in Northern NJ and we got pretty bad thunderstorms too; lighting lasted until around midnight, even though it had stopped raining a few hours before. My dog (who is a Saluki-she is afraid of everything) wasn't really frightened, but she started to breath a little heavier than normal and that usually means she's nervous. We're lucky that she doesn't go completely crazy on us!

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
debinoz
Turning the Heel

I love thunderstorms, but right at the moment am disliking the rain. Our town is flooding and they are starting to evacuate people that live in the lower lying areas. We have dykes all around the town, but the water is going over the top. They've shut the flood gates and are now sand bagging the tops. We live on the end of town farthest from the river so I'm hoping I'll get to stay home. They've called in help from surrounding towns and counties for water pumps and pump trucks. They've ran the co-op in the 3 closest towns out of deisel fuel and have put in for an emergency delivery. I went to the store earlier and took a couple of photos. The yellow hanging things are at the begining of a one lane bridge going out of town. The sign above it says 9'0". The other is part of the RV park in the city park. I just want to say how proud I am of all the volunteer firemen and police officers. They have been working to save lives and property for over 12 hours now. The national guard was called in to help with the set-up of temporary shelter for the evacuated people. Thank God it has almost stopped raining. I am told the river and creek will still be rising for about another 2 days.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 029.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	41185  Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid_710.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	41186