Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #21
lissalue
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by chrislt8 View Post
Very tempting! I have a sister who lives in Fletcher so may be a good excuse to visit Just a little concerned that I am new enough to knitting that LYSs still overwhelm and confuse me right now - can't imagine dealing with everything there! Might enjoy it more if I waited until next year ? I'll have to think about this one...

But we will all be there to help you with your yarn purchases! I might be a bit of an enabler.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #22
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

But I just love a good enabler - You're right, with a little guidance this could be FUN!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #23
misha rf

In terms of accomodations, there are some hotels near the airport, which is pretty much across the street from the ag center (well, they're sort of catty-corner). If you can't find something in Fletcher, Arden or Asheville, Hendersonville is only about a 20 minute drive to the south. There are a number of hotels near the interstate there. You'd just hop on the highway and go up a couple of exits. Turn right, go through the lights, and just past the airport & you're there! If you want more info on that, just ask!

FYI, the airport isn't too bad. We've had issues with US Air flying from Charlotte to Asheville. (Once, we actually picked up a rental car in Charlotte & drove to Asheville & *still* got there before the plane!) Don't know about the other airlines. This is the airport's website: http://www.flyavl.com/

I'm so excited!!! A KH get-together practically in my backyard!!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
lissalue
Instepping Out

When I went to Texas in May, I went through the Asheville airport. I flew Delta, and it was great. My flight actually left early, and I had no trouble at all. I loved how small it is too.

Happy to help chrislt8.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #25
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by chrislt8 View Post
Just a little concerned that I am new enough to knitting that LYSs still overwhelm and confuse me right now - can't imagine dealing with everything there!
You'd enjoy the "Beginning Knitting" class there. It helped me a lot!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #26
MrsDavis3
Knitting the Flap

chris,
I would say that anyone with five works in progress is certainly not too much of a beginner to enjoy a fiber arts event.

"One can never have enough socks."
A. Dumbledore, Book One, Chapter 12
MrsDavis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by MrsDavis3 View Post
chris,
I would say that anyone with five works in progress is certainly not too much of a beginner to enjoy a fiber arts event.
LOL - yeah, lots on the needles but I have only completed one project - a "baby gift set" (sweater, hat, bootsies, woobie) - actually as a gift for a baby shower tomorrow!. Almost done with the first sweater though ...I picked up knitting in April and just can't seem to get enough of learning new techniques, etc

Actually - I feel pretty confident with the knitting - but I still get overwhelmed and confused with the yarn choices - just so many options and variations! Haven't reached the point yet where I can see a skein of yarn and imagine its qualities knit up. :?

Looked at the class schedule and some of them look really interesting (especially the seaming one - I need some help with finishing techniques!)

I will seriously think about this...Thanks for the "support" all
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #28
sheilaksp
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks for posting this information
I am keeping my fingers that I can go, hubby is working on his master's and I am not sure if I will be able to get away! Now my son lives in Spartenburg SC maybe I can go see them and then we can go to fhe fiber fair! The baby would love the animals, my DL I don't know about! But I don't know if I would be able to take any of the spinning classes then! Decisions.
sheilaksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:56 PM   #29
Liliyarn
Turning the Heel

Carolina Red, You know I'll be there!! And I was going to try to hook up with you for a while since we didn't have a lot of time last year.

I thought I was the only one already thinking of SAFF this early....
Liliyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #30
Braden
Instepping Out

I'll see if I can get up there. Shouldn't take very long, and I'd love to meet everybody in person!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote