Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I use Firefox and see the unread threads in red. Under Tools/Options/Content there's a box for Colors; mark it to allow pages to choose their own colors. Then you'll have to exit FF and reopen.
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
Silver
Instepping Out

Could it be that your monitor is displaying the colors wrong? What color do you see on either side of this thread?
<<<<------- and --------------------------------------------->>>

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,485 Times in 529 Posts
It sounds like your browser has a mind of its own! Every computer is different, but getting to the bottom of this sort of thing can be tricky. If clearing the cache, cookies, and temp files do not work, you might want to try temporarily disabling any virus or firewall software. Some of these programs, while beneficial, can attempt to override your browser's behavior and handling of cookies, etc.

If that doesn't work, you can also try re-installing your web browser or trying to use a different browser. I personally use and recommend Mozilla Firefox.

BTW: I merged your threads and moved them to OT.

Good Luck,

- Sheldon
Old 06-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #14
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

A big thanks Sheldon! One last question, I will try disabling whatever firewall I have but I shouldn't do that for long should I? A few hours? Just to see if it works? I did clear all that other stuff & I even shut down Mozilla & tried with my original Internet Explorer... but my titles stayed black. Darn, & my DH sells computer software & can't figure it out. Thank you so much again. P.S. I couldn't find anything that allows my browser to override website settings (and I did search).

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Well Victoise, it won't hurt to leave the firewall down for a couple of hours. Basically the way a firewall works is sort of like having a screen on a window, in other words, lets the fresh air in, and keeps the annoying bugs out. on a side note, I do have a Universal Problem solver that'll take care of the issue, but I don't really recommend using it if you want to keep your computer, why? because it's a sledgehammer. :D okay, all joking aside I'm going to also test this in Internet explorer, I, like sheldon use a different browser, but I figure if we can recreate the problem, then we'll be one step closer to solving it.

Aaron

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #16
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Okay, I think I might have an idea of what's going on, if you're using Mozilla, or IE, generally both browsers will let the page decide what colors it's going to use. one thing to check, if you're using mozilla, is to go to tools, then options, click on where it says content, and look for the section that says fonts and colors, choose colors, and make sure the box that says "Allow pages to choose the colors, instead of my selections above" is checked. Mind you this is only one possibility that I've discovered, and there may be others, I will keep looking into this.

Aaron

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #17
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I mentioned this one last night as I use FF too, and don't have a problem with the colors.
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #18
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

This is hilarious. Almost. More and more people are getting involved, THANKS! I just looked at content under Tools Options (thank you SuzieQ) and the box was checked to allow pages to display their colors. However the box above it was not checked. (which said to use these colors) I just tried checking that one too (the colors were black & white btw). So I'm still searching...

Silver not sure what you mean. You mean the purple over on the right and light blue on the left?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Ok, this is really interesting now. This morning when I turned the computer on this title : This is a test, was in red. Then I replied and it turned the title black. & smaller

Same thing when I replied to the topic about Victoria magazine. Red to black.

I've got to go read Rorschach ? message....advice....

Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #20
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Hi Aaron! Wow thanks! That Universal Problem solver sounds like it may be handy. except I love my Sony Vaio! So weird, I went & turned my husband's computer on just to see if my titles were in orange and yup of course they were. Then, like I replied to a topic about Victoria Magazine and the title turned from red to black. And it's a smaller font.

Then, I did what SuzieQ said, the tools option thingy and the box WAS checked to allow website's colors. The box above it was not checked (to use these colors, which were black and white) and I checked it but it didn't make a difference.

I don't know where the heck the firewall is even located but I guess I can find it. How strange...
I let this go on since Sheldon changed the site but now I've got a bee in my ol bonnet.