Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #11
mulene
Working the Gusset

I just want a phone that makes phone calls. I don't need all the fancy stuff. Yes a camera can be fun and useful (when having a traffic accident etc can photograph the damage / person involved).

However, ultimately, I want a phone that has a long battery life, is easily rechargeable and makes calls without having to press a zillion buttons.

I like Nokia phones =D

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #12
AmandaC
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to AmandaC
I love my Sony Ericsson Walkman phone ... it's skinny, black and orange, has a phone, camera, walkman, internet, video calling, games :yadda: ... actually the only thing lacking is a radio .... other than that - it's perfect! orange is my favourite colour and it has more memory on it than my old laptop!

iphone -schmyphone when it eventually comes to the UK it is going to be one service provider too! how silly!
Askew - Rowan Summer Tweed - Rush - well... off the needles but needs to be blocked and seamed
Monkey socks - Lisa Souza - Mars Quake

LAST FINISHED:
Anthropologie inspired capelet - mmmmMalabrigo chunky - hummingbird
Simple Knitted Bodice - Glampyre - KP Andrean Silk - Olive
Rowan - Hero Jumper - Rowan Denim
MY MASTER'S SOCK 2 - Lisa Souza - Lime & Violet

I'm toftie
AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #13
geekgolightly
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Carrie218 View Post
I can't believe I'm the first to post... No one else has gotten sucked into needing the latest and greatest technology?

It is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
I think we are surrounded.

*whispers* iphone is the best thing since sliced bread. it makes me dizzy and lusty just looking at the things it does. the aesthetics are perfection.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
Remember when the Razr came out and people went crazy for it? I think it went for almost $300 depending where you got it. Now its the phone that comes free or really cheap with lots of plans. Not that the iphone is going to come free but I bet after all the hype dies down the price will come down too.

Originally Posted by bellium View Post
i can't wait until it starts malfunctioning and has all sorts of technical problems (as first generation apple products are notorious for doing) and watching all the people who spent $600 on a phone cry...
I know! I got a ipod mini when they first came out and had so many problems with it. I wouldn't buy another new apple product until they've been out for a while and the kinks were worked out of it.

Originally Posted by cathoo View Post
Like Vermont, Alaska and the rest of the world, I will not be able to get an iPhone until Apple realizes that limiting the carrier to just AT&T was a bad idea.
I agree, I think that was a mistake. I used to have Cingular (AT&T now) and the service was horrible so I wouldn't get an iphone unless they offered it with other providers.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
iza
Turning the Heel

I'm looking for a cell phone these days and I am SOOO confused. tri-mode, GSM, CDMA, bluetooth, blablabla... not to mention the confusion with respect to the different rate plans. :rollseyes: It's ridiculous. I'm reading dozens of reviews and forums to get a reasonably good phone (nothing fancy, just good sound quality, reception and battery life) and best plans. All the reviews I read contradict each other. Customer service seems to be awful no matter what company you choose. I have no idea what I will choose.

The iPhone does look really cool but... it's not for me. I'm more of a 50$ phone kind of person
Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #16
kby101
Ribbing the Cuff

As a tech junkie, here is my humble opinion.

1. never buy a first generation - too many bugs & features get better as later generations are created
2. Biggest flaw?? NO QWERTY KEYBOARD!!!

I will stick to my Treo.
kby101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Shoot....I didnt even get a iPod till my first mp3 player bit the dust a while back. And even then I didnt WANT the iPod....I was looking at TONS of new ones...

I dont need the iPhone...and I sure as heck wont spend 600 bucks on the stupid thing.

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #18
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel

too expensive. love my razr (NOT the freebie ones available now) and mp3 player.

you guys have fun with your iphones. i'll just watch.

married my beloved january 9, 2008!!!!! <3
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #19
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
did you see people are selling them on ebay for upwards of $1000?!?!?!?!

i came late to the Razr party, but I LOVE mine. I have a more recent release with some upgrades from the prior and I seriously have NEVER loved a phone the way I love this phone, and it does have an MP3 player as well, which I have yet to ever have a use for.

As for aesthetics, I am seriously disappointed in the IPhone. I couldn't freakin WAIT to get one, but then saw it and was kinda ech. While I think the touch screen is a really neat-o idea, I also know what the face of my 2 IPods look like and that TOTALLY turns me off, I can't stand smootchies. If I had no access to the internet, didn't already own 2 ipods, and didn't have a cell phone, AND wanted AT&T service, MAYBE I would consider it, but it's really just a waste if you have any of the 3 other components, IMO anyway.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #20
knitasha
Turning the Heel

Okay, I read the reviews and the hype.
What's the big deal?
Nothing becomes lukewarm
faster than this week's cool.
knitasha is offline   Reply With Quote