Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
Silver
Instepping Out

I use Olay Complete lotion and Olay Facial wipes. That's all. I also drink lots of water, take daily vitamins and I try to stay out of the sun. But both my Olay lotion and face makeup (Bare Minerals) have SPF 15 in them, and I never leave the house without at least one of them on my face.

I'm 34, but I always get carded for drinks, used to get carded for cigs when I smoked 2 years ago, and people always think I'm younger than I am.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Anyone Tried Meaningful Beauty??
I just saw an informercial with Cindy Crawford in it advertising this wonderful "new" antioxidant in this new anti-aging line. It sounds wonderful and the price is excellent, only $30.00 for the main products and I get a couple of free gifts with it and I can lock in that price for life every 90 days.

Should I try it??? She's apparently been using it for almost 10 years. I wonder how old she is??

The website is www.Meaningfulbeauty.com if you want to check it out.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #13
zazzu
1st Leg of the Journey

Quote:
Should I try it??? She's apparently been using it for almost 10 years. I wonder how old she is??
Cindy Crawford is (or will be) 42 years old this year. She admits to having had some cosmetic surgery, though she refused to get specific. I've always thought she was lovely and she's aged beautifully.

This is just me, but $30.00 every ninety days for skin care seems a little pricey to me. You just don't need to spend that much. I get all my skin care at Wal-Mart and I get compliments on my skin all the time. [Sorry to sound braggy - it seemed appropriate in this one instance.]

My advice would be to try the less expensive, commitment-free stuff first and then take it from there. Oh, and sunblock of course.
zazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #14
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by zazzu View Post
Cindy Crawford is (or will be) 42 years old this year. She admits to having had some cosmetic surgery, though she refused to get specific. I've always thought she was lovely and she's aged beautifully.

This is just me, but $30.00 every ninety days for skin care seems a little pricey to me. You just don't need to spend that much. I get all my skin care at Wal-Mart and I get compliments on my skin all the time. [Sorry to sound braggy - it seemed appropriate in this one instance.]

My advice would be to try the less expensive, commitment-free stuff first and then take it from there. Oh, and sunblock of course.

Oh goodness, that's not being braggy at all!!

Really?? $30 every 90 days is a lot of money?? Of course I wouldn't know since I'm not doing anything right now!

As far as Walmart goes, are the products the same as if I would buy them at a better dept store? I did buy my eye cream there, but I really don't notice a difference (of course I don't use it every night) But I do use it at least 3 times a week.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #15
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

Looking young runs on both sides of my family. My mom worships the sun, but you can't tell (yet.. I know it will catch up with her at some point). My favorite aunt is almost sixty, and doesn't look a day over 40. She has always used plain old Dove soap, a good moisturizer every day, (she is big on Avon stuff) avoids being in the sun a lot, and drinks plenty of water. She has always taken good care of her skin -- she says you don't need anything fancy or expensive. Just keep your face clean and moisturized. She does not wear any make up.

I really try to avoid commercial cleansers -- I think there are so many chemicals in them, how can that be good for you? I don't wear make up at all. I like to use home made sugar scrubs/facials, I like to steam my face every once in a while too. I almost never go in the sun, but when I do I put on a good sun block, at least spf 30. Use one with both UVA (aging rays) and UVB (rays that burn) I do use original Oil of Olay lotion a few times a week though, just because I was always sneaking it from my mom when I was a kid and I like how it smells.

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #16
Sweet_Thang
Ribbing the Cuff

I started using and love the Arbonne NutriMin RE line. It's anti-aging and really goes a long way. It can be pricey, so I end up getting my stuff from ebay.

SweetThang - pls add my as your friend!
Sweet_Thang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #17
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel

$30 every 90 days is only $10 a month! i would think the olay products would be more expensive per month.

but i really like the olay original formula moisturizer. very light, not oily, nice light scent.

married my beloved january 9, 2008!!!!! <3
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
Silver
Instepping Out

I think $30/90 days is a great price, but I'm reeeeally skeptical about infomercial products. I wouldn't trust that Cindy is using this stuff at all, she's probably just cashing her checks. And even if she is using it, she is blessed with natural beauty and probably doesn't NEED anything on her face at all. Plus she has had cosmetic surgery so you can't look at her and assume it's all topical treatments that makes her look gorgeous. It's the mole.. that's all.

But like I said, it looks like a great price. If you want to try it, then do so, but just don't get suckered into a contract that requires you to reorder their stuff over and over. You can always go to Walgreens and pick up some Olay whenever you need it.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #19
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

How about Lancome or Dior or Decleor? Are these really expensive in the US? Me and my sister got my mom eye cream for about 85$, but i know it lasts for a really long time (more than a year or even more) and does magic. I also heard Clinique are good. I'm not in the anti-aging category yet (i'm 26) but I have a really dry skin, so i always need moisturizer. I used Decleor Floral something and it was wonderful and then my skin got used to it...Then I used GreenMama (russian cosmetics based on natural herbs) and it was great for me, but my skin got used to it... so now i will have to change. I think of trying Garnier. In a few years I guess i'll start with the more aggressive stuff. By the pace of my skin getting used to the creams, i'll probably try everything by the age of 40 . I'm not wearing much make-up and try to stay away from the sun. We have lots of it here and the moment i use sunblock - pimples...Can't have any oil in my cream .
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #20
nik
Ribbing the Cuff

Another vote for sunscreen.

Also no cream is really going to tighten, lift, and get rid of wrinkles. The person who finds a serum that does this will be very wealthy and you won't be able to find it in any store!

Before I buy anything I check out the reviews on www.makeupalley.com

I also read of the Paula Begoun books (www.cosmeticcop.com)

Those two websites will save you years, and years of time and money!
nik is offline   Reply With Quote