Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
betty bat
Ribbing the Cuff

"One Skein Wonder" Shrug This confusion
Howdy,
This is my first "real post" to the board. I've learned so much from watching the videos and from reading the other posts - thanks to all of you!

I wanted to make a simple shrug to wear over a sleeveless dress and "Shrug This" from the book One Skein Wonders seemed to fit the bill as a nice-looking shrug that was within my skill range. Here's a link to the pattern from the OSW web page:
http://www.oneskeinwonders.com/patterns/shrug.php

I understand the pattern up to the "Finishing the Sleeves" section. It says: Continue as established for 3 rows ... I'm not sure if this means "do row 1, row 2 and row 1" from the "Beginning the Raglan Shaping" section. Row 1 is the increase row and row 2 is the purl row. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to continue increasing while I'm finishing the sleeve or not.

Thanks for any advice. And, thanks again for a great site.
betty bat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Yes, the way I read it is you should repeat row 1 and then row2 and then row 1 again as established in the body -- the only change is that when you knit your sleeve stitches make sure your are doing a k1 p1 rib pattern.

Hope this helps!

Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
betty bat
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks!
Thanks for checking. It's really thrilling that I can even be thinking about knitting a sweater!
betty bat is offline   Reply With Quote