Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
AmandaC
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to AmandaC
People who mix up lose and loose ... eugh
here & hear
they're their there

oh and your you're
Askew - Rowan Summer Tweed - Rush - well... off the needles but needs to be blocked and seamed
Monkey socks - Lisa Souza - Mars Quake

LAST FINISHED:
Anthropologie inspired capelet - mmmmMalabrigo chunky - hummingbird
Simple Knitted Bodice - Glampyre - KP Andrean Silk - Olive
Rowan - Hero Jumper - Rowan Denim
MY MASTER'S SOCK 2 - Lisa Souza - Lime & Violet

I'm toftie
AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #12
marykz
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by kellyh57 View Post
I
As far as registers- I know how to count back change. I'm much better at that than trying to subtract and figure out the coins to go along with my number. (Young) people look at you like you have 3 heads when you count back to them!

Kelly
I do that too- it is so easy once you understnad it. Do they even teach that to kids anymore?

I forgot one- My inlaws.....

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
zip

Originally Posted by AmandaC View Post
People who mix up lose and loose ... eugh
here & hear
they're their there

oh and your you're

definately...

Old 07-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #14
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by zip View Post
definately...

Let's not forget to and too as well.

I'm especially amused when someone corrects another's spelling in a post somewhere and misspells something in the process.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #15
zip

Originally Posted by Knitting_Guy View Post

Let's not forget to and too as well.

I'm especially amused when someone corrects another's spelling in a post somewhere and misspells something in the process.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #16
Limey
Turning the Heel

Elderly people who queue jump - think because they're old, they can forget basic good manners.

One old duck, who apparently was a chronic queue jumper, got told:"That's right dear, go in front of us - we've got lots more time than you have!"

Second hate is at a party or some such gathering, when a pompous twerp demands to know "And what do you do?"

I told the last genius who asked me this "About 200,000 a year - how's yourself?"

Could go on forever but I've got a rule for now - if I get more than my share of queue jumpers, cash point customers who take about 15 minutes to use the machine (usually outside in the pouring rain), kids screaming and shouting and generally swarming around while I have my 'quiet' cup of coffee - GO STRAIGHT HOME AND TO HELL WITH THE LOT OF IT AND THEM. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH THE AGGRO.
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #17
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by IBAmyB View Post
Drivers who "stalk" you for your parking space (follow you from the store exit to your space.... and then get all upset when you don't leave the second you get in your car so they can take your spot)
I take extra long when someone does that. I have to get 2 kids buckled in anyway, but then I check the cell phone, my lists, coupon pile, or anything else just so I don't have to back out in the 2 1/2 feet of space they gave.

Oooh another one- idea/ideal confusion. An idea is a thought, ideal is a standard. Buying more yarn is a good idea, not ideal. There's a lady in another forum that's been corrected 3 times but still uses ideal instead of idea.

Kelly
Old 07-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #18
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by marykz View Post

I forgot one- My inlaws.....

I can't stand when people are 10 feet from the cart return, and just leave the shopping cart in the empty parking space right beside them. I always make a remark when I see this, and put the stupid thing where it belongs, or if I need a cart I just say "Thanks for the cart!". I think that is really rude... the cart could roll into someone's car! I also can't stand seeing someone whip into a handicapped space, and when they get out there is clearly nothing wrong with them. I always make a remark about that too, like "Wow, I hope I have that much energy if I am ever handicapped!" I also hate when I have been waiting in 20 degree weather at the bus stop for 15 minutes, and the lady whose house is right in front of the bus stop, comes out when she sees the bus at the end of the street, and absolutely has to get on the bus in front of me. Go right ahead... I hear the frostbitten look is in this winter! I bit my tongue on that one for a long time, then one day, as she was hurrying to get on the bus, I just sped up and cut right in front of her. As I was walking back to get a seat, I heard her say to the driver "Boy, she's in a hurry isn't she?" No, you dim wit... I was waiting first, so I get on first. That's all that really bothers me. Most stuff, I just let roll off. I just laugh at people, makes me feel better than having my blood pressure go through the roof. :happydancing:

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #19
dmknits
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by kellyh57 View Post
Also, why the heck do people not use the sidewalk? I was driving down a fairly busy street and had to drive around some idiot running down the street a few feet away from a perfectly fine sidewalk. I see it ALL the time. What are sidewalks for if people can't walk/run on them???
Kelly
Runners do this because asphalt is softer than concrete.
dmknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Christmas ads that start before Halloween! Are you kidding me?
you think that's bad? i was in michaels a couple of weeks ago and they already had christmas wreaths hanging way up on the wall in the back above the yarn! sure, they get them in early, but do they really have to put them out in the store for us to see? isn't that why they have ginormous stock rooms anyway?!? i used to work in one of the big stores and of the many things that bugged me, that was one of the ones that bugged me the most.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote