Old 07-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #31
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Originally Posted by NinaT View Post
Teachers, and others who should know better, ending sentences with a preposition ("Where's it at?")
Well to be honest, Nina, there's absolutely nothing wrong with ending a sentence with a preposition. That mode of "proper" grammar is very outdated. It first came into existence by some people who believed English was less than Latin. So one must ask oneself, which would you rather have, clarity of thought, or proper speech?

Personally, That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put. (my apologies to Winston Churchill.)

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2007, 02:43 AM   #32
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by debinoz View Post
People who complain about other people's education or lack thereof.....

People who complain or make snide remarks about other people when they don't even know them...

People who have no forgivness and patience for their fellow man....
I know waht you mean, but sometimes we are not able to be nice to everyone around and stand their attitude...
Today my boss was extra rude - i was telling him about annoying phonecall i got and while i was in the middle of the sentence, he just walked away, the rude b...d. So i came up to him and said that the next time he's telling me something, i'll walk away too. He just didn't reply. He's always telling me of other rude people and behaves just the same and then tells me with pride how rude are his children. I don't think that touching cars in the Ferrari museum, where it says not to, is a big achievement for his son and a father shouldn't be proud of such rude behaviour. I wish i could some day tell him that!
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #33
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

Here are some of mine.......

My neighbor. She doesn't know how to drive. We live on a very windy narrow road. She MUST drive right smack dab in the middle. She hogs the road. If you see her coming just pull over and stop because you will end up in the ditch if you don't! One day I got behind her on my way to work. She was driving about 35 on the highway (which is 55). I ended up passing her. She was talking on her cell phone. By the time I parked my car at work and walked to the door she finally passed my office which was about 10 minutes from where I passed her. She is scary.

People who drive slow in the fast lane.:rollseyes:

Back when I commuted: The rubber neckers that would weave in out of a lane just to see what was happening. :rollseyes:

People who stand on the corner constantly pressing the button to cross the street. Hello! the traffic isn't going to stop just for you! (Yes, I have yelled that out my car window a few times).

My co-worker who instists on cleaning up my desk while I am working!

Rude sales people.

I know there are more... just can't think anymore tonight....
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #34
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
1-I wish people would take their dogs to the poop area or at least pick up after them
2-Car Insurance companies-There are to many to list, but here are two -If you do not have insurance (because you sold your car) for 6 months and then get a car you automatically go on risk and now they can charge you by how good your credit is,what does credit have to do with how well you drive
3-Old people who can barely walk or move and are driving cars
4-Parents who dress their small children like teenagers
5-MIL insists on sending over baked goods when you tell her not to, because I don't need it and DH has high cholesterol
6-Not being able to talk to a LIVE person on phone when you need a simple question answered

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #35
misha rf

I live in a town heavily populated with retirees. There are lots of folks who have no business being on the road, and yet, they're driving. Some of them can barely see over the wheel!!

I can't stand when people don't bother to straighten their cars out in parking lots, or park on corners so they obstruct the view.

People turning right on red who are so concerned with getting to turn that the neglect to see the pedestrian in the crosswalk (I once actully smacked someone's car to get the driver's attention--I figured better that than have him hit me).

Drivers who hold up traffic while looking for their turn, or almost cause an accident b/c they're about to drive past it. It's like turning around is illegal or something.

Someone mentioned not returning the carts to the collection thingie. Last week, we went to Lowe's. There was a cart in the stall right next to the return! And the return wasn't full!!!

Women who wear low-rise pants and short tops so the "muffin top" is on full display. Same with any pants where I can see your undies or your backside, whether or not you're bending over. I realize this makes me sound old and out-of-date, but I don't care. There are just some things that are better left unshown.

Rude shop owners.

People who abuse their animals/kids. And if the animals were never socialized, the rescuers have an incredibly difficult time handling/treating them. If the animal is lucky enough to end up in a no-kill location, then it'll have a place--otherwise, it's "unadoptable" and euthanized. (I spend a good portion of every Saturday with several animals that weren't socialized, and really want to tie their former "owners" outside with little to no human contact for months on end.)
Old 07-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #36
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Muffin Top! Hahahaha!

I have that "syndrome" and its awful, because buying jeans nowadays, its IMPOSSIBLE to find jeans that DONT ride 20 inches BELOW my navel.

So Im destined to take what I can get, and wear LONG shirts...

*sigh*

I hate current fashion.

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #37
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Look on the bright side, PaperGirl, you could be forced to wear bellbottoms again.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #38
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by misha rf View Post
Women who wear low-rise pants and short tops so the "muffin top" is on full display. Same with any pants where I can see your undies or your backside, whether or not you're bending over. I realize this makes me sound old and out-of-date, but I don't care. There are just some things that are better left unshown.
trust me. you don't sound old and out-of-date. just human and normal. i hate being able to tell what kind of underwear someone is wearing because their pants are too tight. if i want to know, i'll ask. (never gonna happen, that's for sure! ) maybe they don't realize that they're making their business everyone else's business. it's too bad someone (who knows them that they won't be offended by) doesn't just tell them. :rollseyes:

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #39
dreamsherl
Turning the Heel

• A society that has no respect for its aging population.
  • People that let the negative people in society ruin their day. I refuse to give them power over me.

dreamsherl
dreamsherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #40
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by misha rf View Post
I live in a town heavily populated with retirees. There are lots of folks who have no business being on the road, and yet, they're driving. Some of them can barely see over the wheel!!
I live in a retirement town as well. I swear the older they get the bigger cars they drive.
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote