Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
NakedPancakes
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to NakedPancakes Send a message via MSN to NakedPancakes
Make money online?
Is there anyway I can make a decent amount of money online without spending any money?
My family is going through a rough patch at the moment, my mom dealing will alot of bills and my dad just moved and is buying a house and everything.
I don't have a way to get a job, but I really need money. School starts really soon and I need new clothes and everything.

I figured alot of people here might have been through a rough patch or are going through one and could give me some advice?

Last edited by NakedPancakes : 07-15-2007 at 08:00 PM.
NakedPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
chiricahuagal
Ribbing the Cuff

A few years back I made some quick cash selling books through Amazon.com - if you have any books in great condition that you can sell, it's really, really easy, and - this is absolutely true - I sold my first book within an hour of posting it! I told a friend, and she had the same experience.

Just find a book you have, look it up on amazon.com and click on the button that says "Sell yours here"> you may have to create an account or something, but then it's just a few clicks away to listing books. If you happen to have any popular hardcover books in good condition, you will make the most money that way. Ship media mail. It might even be worth going to a garage/yard sale or 2 and picking up books cheap in good condition.

Hope that helps you out - it's really even easier than ebay. ebay is another way to get some quick cash if you have something someone else wants. I find it easiest to do Buy It Now, personally - then whoever wants it just gets it right then.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
NakedPancakes
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks soo much for the ideas. I just don't really have anything to sell..
Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Mystery shopping is something else you can kind of do from home. You do have to go out and do the shop or eat at the restaurant. But then you go home and fill out the evaluation online. I used to do this and found it a wonderful way to add a few $$ to the family budget. Just google "mystery shopping," and be sure to look for others' reviews of good companies to work for.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
Ellieblue
Knitting the Flap

My daughter had very good success with selling books thru Amazon. She was doing it as a full time job for about 2 years. She would pick up books at the local thrift shops (goodwill) for less than $1.00 and was able to support herself and her family doing that. The only drawback is that you have to have an instinct for choosing the right books. I think Amazon has a tutorial about how to go about doing this. Good luck Ellie
Ellieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Hmmm that's really interesting. (sorry you don't have books right now to sell pancakes) I have an ENORMOUS amount of books, new, old, even a few vintage from my MIL. And we really need some $$ right now... I think I"ll go take a look. Thank you for the idea!

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Wow!! Here, I wondered the same thing as Pancakes. I can't speak for all Mystery Shopper setups; but, for the ones I've come across, they were all low-balling, deceptive, sniveling, punk-@%^# schemes that require upfront fees etc.

But that Amazon idea is surely worth a look because I was wondering what to do with some on my college books. I'd hate to lose them; but when money calls - money CALLS!

Pancakes, I was at my mother's house over the weekend and saw the cutest flyer from some of the neighborhood kids offering car wash services. Have you thought about doing something like that around your neighborhood? You could do car washing, dog walking, lawns or something practical along those lines to help your neighbors. Depending on your neighborhood, you could make out like a phat rat!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
NakedPancakes
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow. o.o; xD Thanks you guys.

I do have books but the ones I have mean alot to me and some others arent in that great of a condition. =\

I am trying some of those lame paid surveys and such but. those don't really work too well. xD

Any more input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by ekgheiy View Post
Wow!! Here, I wondered the same thing as Pancakes. I can't speak for all Mystery Shopper setups; but, for the ones I've come across, they were all low-balling, deceptive, sniveling, punk-@%^# schemes that require upfront fees etc.

None of the companies I ever worked for asked for money up front. As in any business, if someone asks for money up front, then it's probably not legit.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
Kamie
Ribbing the Cuff

There are tons of companies that hire at home workers.

There are also tons of scams. I worked from home for a time, with a company doing phone work. Very legit. Phone work isn't for me.

The best resource on the web for this type of thing is www.wahm.com The forums are wonderful. Check out telecommuting moms folder and first stop for newbies.

Kamie is offline   Reply With Quote