Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #21
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Oh, another thing that I don't keep secret is that I to eat ice! And trust me, there are all types and tastes to ice. I can tell you which resturants in the area have the best. That's bad isn't it?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #22
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this. . . but I had a blankie as a child that I carried and cuddled with while I sucked my thumb. It took forever for me to stop with the thumb, but couldn't break the habit with the blanket. I didn't carry it around, but always put it under my pillow and slept with it at night. I kept thinking once I wasn't sleeping alone, I would stop. I'm now 27 and have been married for almost 5 years - I still have the same blanket under my pillow. After all these years it's about to fall apart I think if I sneezed on it, it would shred! But DH is awesome. He thinks it's cute. (Thank God!)

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #23
leedsfan
1st Leg of the Journey

If it is thundering and lightening day or night,i go and shut all windows,curtains and lock the doors.My sons think i am weird.
leedsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #24
Riss
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Riss
I've been giving this one some thought all day yesterday, and it finally came to me last night, while watching a movie.

I'm compulsive about cleaning between my toes. Every time I put on socks, I have to run a finger between all of my toes. I dunno why, but its like i'm preparing my toes for entry into the sock. When they come back out? Yep, gotta do it again. It only takes a few seconds every time, but I think it bugs the boyfriend :D

Speaking of him...
My boyfriend picks his toenails with an exacto knife. All of them, not just the big one. No matter how hard I try, he won't clip them. That wouldn't bother me as much! But he picks them... and he'll sit there for over an hour pickin at it, chewing on the pieces, waving his disgusting sweaty foot stink in my direction, because we all know, its never after they take a shower that they need to pick.

*shudder* He chased me to the other side of our king size bed last night doing it...
"Super green."
-The Fifth Element

Rissymur on Ravelry
Riss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #25
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Riss..gulp...ewwwwwww He doesn't want to kiss you after he's been a chewin on the toe nails does he?? good lord!

Mind you..anyone heard of pica? Worth looking up as some folks want to eat dirt and chalk etc. Some research suggests it's largely a vitamin deficiency issue..like needing iron.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
Originally Posted by Susan P. View Post
Riss..gulp...ewwwwwww He doesn't want to kiss you after he's been a chewin on the toe nails does he?? good lord!

Mind you..anyone heard of pica? Worth looking up as some folks want to eat dirt and chalk etc. Some research suggests it's largely a vitamin deficiency issue..like needing iron.
I've heard it happens most often in pregnant women.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #27
Riss
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Riss
He may want to... but he must brush his teeth first... or at least swirl with Listerene :D
"Super green."
-The Fifth Element

Rissymur on Ravelry
Riss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
threesmom
Turning the Heel

Thank god for that, riss! I can't imagine toenail kisses!!

I'm a hair-twirler - compulsive. Driving the car, at work, wherever my hands aren't otherwise occupied. In fact, I was reading this thread, wondering what mine was, all the while twirling the hair. I've been doing it since I got hair - in fact, my parents tell a story where I must have been twirlin' in my sleep and got my finger caught. Woke up crying in my crib with my hand stuck to my head - and it needed to be cut out!

Working on ... Central Park Hoodie, socks!, another baby blanket ...
Recent FOs ...baby blankets, v-neck sweater!, Nakiska headband, socks

I'm justbeth on

threesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #29
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

Oh yeah, I'm incredibly anal about laundry and dishes too. My husband gets white hangers, I get green. His clothse hang to dry on the middle of the rack, mine on the outside. I like to rotate them in the drawer too.

For the dishwasher- every dish must face the center and the silverware is sorted by type in the little compartments. Smaller dishes are in the center, larger on the outside and they go in a row with the dishes that they share cabinet space with (breakables/kids are separate).

Kelly
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #30
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Riss..small mercies I guess

Kaydee..I had it during pregnancy.. I longed..really longed..to stand in a desert place and feel the crunch of dry dirt in my mouth. I was naughty and used to put grains of talc between my teeth to 'feed' the longing. If I heard a car drive over gravel my mouth would literally water. In my case it was really an iron deficiency and went once my iron levels were up but I know in some tribes women have traditionally eaten clay. Its medically problematic of course so women who eat sticks of chalk! really really need to see a doctor as that kind of thing can become a serious health issue.

I knew a woman who used to drink glass fulls of brown cider vinegar when she was pregnant. Amazing what fancies take us
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote