Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #31
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

As a kid I used to suck on my big toes instead of my thumb. I didn't know it was a common thing.

I count my steps when walking in series of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32. Well, I've pretty much stopped doing that.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

When I'm driving or when I'm in the passenger seat, I look at people's houses and pick them apart....when their shades are open, I try to look inside, not to be stupid or anything. I'm a people watcher. I also can remember telephone numbers and birthdays.

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #33
Braden
Instepping Out

Well, the one thing that nobody knows about me is:

I actually file my nails. Go ahead, laugh it up!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #34
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Contiknitter..there are various reasons I can't and wouldn't laugh at that..however after stopping at traffic lights today and watching the young male driver in the car next to me using the opportunity to 'tweeze' his eyebrows, nail filing is nothing!

I felt like saying..dude, get a room!
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #35
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
That's really interesting that you had pica Susan P. Its strange what a vitamin deficiency can do to someone's body.

Another one of my things is that I hate to step on cracks. When I was little we used to say "if you step on a crack you'll break your mother's back". I know it crazy but if I can help it I don't like to step on cracks in the sidewalk. I'm also afraid to walk on those grates in coty sidewalks. I always think I'll fall through them!
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaydee For This Useful Post:
Susan P. (07-20-2007)
Old 07-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #36
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

It's funny the little things that we find join us across boundaries and borders isn't it. Like something we think we must be the ONLY one who experiences something and then we realise we aren't..and I suspect that can be very reassuring. I remember cracking up laughing with a girlfriend several years ago. We had had a glass of wine, were sitting back reminiscing..and I suddenly said.. "You know, when I had pimples I used to think, if only I can find THE queen pimple and get rid of IT, the rest will go! Isn't that nutty!'

And my friend gasped and said OMG! I used to think the SAME thing..and we laughed and laughed.

And no, we never found the queen before anyone asks.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #37
mulene
Working the Gusset

I really can't tell you the ONE thing. I'd die of embarrassment, it was an event that happened only once in my life and I hope to god it never ever ever happens again.

I am a skin picker tho - but people probably know that. Its mainly in one place, around the inside of my thumbs near the thumb nail. That skin has always been dry and flaky at that spot on my thumbs for as long as I can remember and I've always picked at it or chewed it.

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #38
ADAllen
Turning the Heel

When I was young, I would pick a different favorite color every day because I never wanted any of them to feel left out. On Fridays I would intentionally pick colors that I believed the fewest people in the world would have as a favorite color (like brown) would make up for them having so few admirers.

ADAllen
The Kniterati
ADAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #39
Carrie218
1st Leg of the Journey

Jeanius80, don't feel bad about the eye-booger thing -- I am that way too but only about my cat. I am compulsively cleaning out his eyes all the time so that when I see one appear in my BF, I have the tendancy to reach out... He stops me and I realize what I'm doing.

I have been a nail-biter for all my 40+ years. I stopped for about two years in my late 20s but it didn't last; it was two years I wasn't making jewelry. Now that I am knitting, it is almost worse as small snags on my nails catch on fibers and I immediately need to chew away them away.

I compulsively look at the tires of other cars driving around me. While I was living in LA, I would often witness accidents caused by blown tires and if I see someone with a flattening tire, I will drive up next to them and try to tell them their tires are going flat. I guess I have the fear of someone having a blow-out in front of me or something...

I guess my last weird thing (which many BFs never quite "got") was that somehow I believe in past lives which can be the only explanation as to why I am particularly attracted to various other cultures peculiarities: Japanese sumo wrestling, Sufi devotional music, the Tuvan ritual of sheep slaughtering, British Victorian dining and hunting habits, and the alchemical practices from Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Persia, India, and China, in Classical Greece and Rome, in the Muslim civilization, and then in Europe up to the 19th century.
Carrie218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #40
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
I never really thought about this until a previous posted made me think of it...I hate walking on grass!!!!! it just grosses me out because i always think i'm going to step in you know what . If i don't have to i won't walk on it but if there's no way of avoiding it i have to watch very carefully were i'm stepping....I'm talking so carefully that i'm not even watching and/or thinking about where i'm going anymore because the only thought in my head as i look down at the grass is "get off the grass get off the grass get off the grass...".