Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #41
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
I thought of another one (hmmm, I guess I'm stranger than I thought). It drives me crazy when someone is erasing a blackboard and doesn't get all and they leave tiny bits not erased. I also have also always loved washing the blackboards, I used to ask my teachers if I could do it when I wa younger. I love how clean and unmarked it looks.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #42
Chel
Turning the Heel

Goodness. No one ever informed my fractured psyche that I was only permitted to have one thing. My personalities will have to schedule a meeting to discuss this. <j/k>

Seriously. Ummm...
When I am stuck in traffic or a passenger in a car I look into the woods as far as I can and focus on one tree and wonder if anyone ever took the time to appreciate the beauty of it. Sometimes I'll talk to the tree in my head and thank it for existing, even in a world that is not always friendly to other living things.

I think my cat Sydney is super intelligent. I'll point to something and say what it is... like "Flower, Sydney. Can you say flower?" and he will always look at me and meow. I have a theory that if I can record these meows, we may be able to communicate one day.
My mother of course thinks I am insane.

I believe in signs. I believe in ghosts. I believe in divine intervention. I have had specific experiences that led me to those beliefs.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #43
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
I also have also always loved washing the blackboards, I used to ask my teachers if I could do it when I wa younger. I love how clean and unmarked it looks.
Me too! I was such a dweeby kid :rofling:

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #44
Braden
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Susan P. View Post
Contiknitter..there are various reasons I can't and wouldn't laugh at that..however after stopping at traffic lights today and watching the young male driver in the car next to me using the opportunity to 'tweeze' his eyebrows, nail filing is nothing!

I felt like saying..dude, get a room!
Well it's not like I do it in public or anything, it's only because every time I clipped them, I clipped too much off and it started bleeding like mad, so filing is, in my opinion, safer for me.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #45
meearnol
Knitting the Flap

JJ, I have my baby blanket still, too. It's really a sad, sad looking thing these days, but I love it and will until the day it's no longer fit to be kept.

My weird thing that I do, and no one ever understands what the heck I'm talking about so I'll try my best to explain it. When I'm in a room (or hallway or even outside) I pick 4 points on the walls, one close to each corner. I count to four and "place" a number in each corner. I do the same thing when I'm talking. I visualize each word in the sentence belonging in each corner. I'm sure that doesn't make sense. I've done it as long as I can remember. I know, I'm nuts.

OTN - too many things at once (if that's possible).
FOs- knitty's "back to school" for the sister, and lots of single socks (I'm a repeat victim of SSS).

"If all else fails, stop using all else."

meearnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #46
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
JJ and meearnol I still have my bear and I still like to sleep with him. My SIL teases me about him because I'm 23 and I'll still bring him on vacation with me (I brought him to spring break in Acapulco when I was in college). People also laugh when I tell them his name, Rump Rump. Hey what can I say I was 2 and I named him after the bear in the book I got with him.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #47
victoriarose
Ribbing the Cuff

I eat soft chocolate ice-cream with ruffled potato chips instead of a spoon. My Husband and kids say I have "serious issues"!

Please visit my blogs

The awesome power of the sea, and the men who challenge it!
victoriarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #48
ADAllen
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
JJ and meearnol I still have my bear and I still like to sleep with him. My SIL teases me about him because I'm 23 and I'll still bring him on vacation with me (I brought him to spring break in Acapulco when I was in college). People also laugh when I tell them his name, Rump Rump. Hey what can I say I was 2 and I named him after the bear in the book I got with him.
I still sleep with a teddy bear (actually it is a stuffed Sully from Monsters Inc that my hubby bought me when we were dating) when I'm in a strange place or sleeping alone.

ADAllen
The Kniterati
ADAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #49
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Off-topic but Kaydee..always meant to say what a sweet little gal in your avatar. Your daughter? She looks so happy and stylish in her little..hat? Not sure what they are called. I had a boy
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #50
Itsabtme
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to Itsabtme Send a message via Yahoo to Itsabtme
Snakes...that is my one (of many, but biggest) thing I stepped on one with my bare foot as a child. I saw a old black snack coiled up in the middle of the road when I was at summer camp in WV one year and wanted to pass out. I picked one up with my bare hand while weeding my flower bed and never went back again to finish. I cannot talk about them or see (in life or on a movie) one. If I happen to, right before bed, I have nightmares and think that all of the wrinkles in the sheets are snakes. To the point that I actually have to get up turn on the light and throw back the covers to prove to myself that there isn't a snake in my bed.:rollseyes: Crazy, I know, but it appears that I am in good company
Itsabtme is offline   Reply With Quote