Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #1001
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dotty & Jackie: I originally ordered denise needles b/c I didn't like the sound of metal (boye) needles and loved the denises, but they're sticky in a way, the yarn doesn't slide like I like it to. So when I ordered my kp options I was thrilled-yes I've had to exchange a set of size 6 (I think) b/c one of them was stripped and wouldn't screw into the cable. But other than that I love them, in fact they're used 99.9% of the time. I just ordered a size 2 harmony for ml on socks, and am not very pleased with the join where the wood joins the metal for the cord-they may go back; most likely will. And I'll exchange them for the size 2 in nickle plate. Dotty, some of my needles have a spotty look on them, but doesn't seem to affect the knitting-and wears off after a few rows. I wonder if that's just because I was probably eating or had put lotion on before I began the last project? not sure, but I love them the best of all the needles. I didn't even consider the boye needlemaster, which I think hobby lobby has on sale now, b/c I didn't like their straight needles I tried. Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (10-01-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #1002
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
How long have you had your Options, julie?

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #1003
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by ...dotty... View Post
How long have you had your Options, julie?
exactly 1 year ago today I placed the order! So just about 1 week shy of 1 year. And I've ordered more since the original set, didn't have the money to order all at once, but I did get some dpn and some 32" circs, 2 size 1 and 2 size 0, and the size 15 tips. Next time I order some yarn I will also order the size 17 needles b/c I like them so much more than my addi turbos-and want to make an afghan, but the cord on my #17 addi turbo is sooooo thick it's hard to knit with.
...dotty... (10-01-2007)
Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #1004
cinnamon_girl
Knitting the Flap

Hi Socksters!!
Wow, lot's going on as always, I'll never catch up with you all individually but please know I've enjoyed each and every post. I at least try to read catch up every day, even if I don't post.
But I do have to say Congrats dustinac
Winning 1st place for 2 projects is awesome!!

So, I have 2 finished pair recently.
My problem children - the faux fair isles and the better behaved pink-orange Tofutsies.
Which is kind of sad because I had to say goodbye to them. Even though they were intended for my girls all along I get a little attached so it's hard to let go.

Problem children went home yesterday with #2 DD. She just happened to buy 2 new sweaters, from that Sara Jessica $20 and under line last week, that happened to be a pretty shade of blue and a pretty shade of green. And matched the socks perfectly. So off they went.

The pinkies are intended for #1DD. I'm putting them in the mail to her tomorrow (that's my sock model, her sis in the socks). #1DD gravitates toward those colors, she's a pink girl and she's going through a tough time right now so I hope they cheer her up.

But the exciting part is I get to start new socks. I cast on with the green chinese wool and at the last minute I decided to do the 9-5's. I only just started the pattern but so far I really like it. So maybe I'll have some progress to share later in the week. It's on 4 dpn's rather then 3 like I've been using so it seemed a little unwieldy at first but now I've settled in.
Is there any benefit to using 4 rather than 3? For you dpn knitters? It seems like it would slow you down a little since you have more joins to fiddle with. The pattern is a multiple of 6 so I don't see why I couldn't put 24 sttiches on each needle. Looking ahead I guess I'd have to redistribute back on 4 needles to follow the pattern for the heel flap.
Anyway, enough of that. I'm also very close to my Ravelry invite so I may not get as much knittng done this week as I'd like. In fact once I got the 9-5's underway I wanted to start a second pair, that new wild cherry Louet is calling my name, but we'll see.

Happy Knitting All
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0603.JPGv2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	44156  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0605.JPGv2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	44157  

suzygirl @

I'm Suzy Girl on the blog I share with my good friend Jenny Girl .. Come visit us!!
http://twocrazyknitchicks.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamon_girl For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-01-2007)
Old 10-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #1005
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Congrats ! cinnamongirl ! Two pair to two loving homes ! Nothing wrong with that !

I'm sure that I did the 9 to 5's on 3 needles, except maybe at the gusset..........my purl stitches that run alongside the instep stitches looked a little stretched out, and that's when I tried MagicLoop, and, as they say, the rest is history.......I don't see myself going back. Once you understand the sock anatomy, you can distribute those stitches any which way that works well for you ! I think that's a perfect yarn for that pattern ! Can't wait to see them...........don't make us wait until they're done !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
cinnamon_girl (10-01-2007)
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #1006
jberry16
Instepping Out

cinnamon girl those are so pretty, both of them. I know socks would cheer me up!
My sis's sock is comming along, about 2/3 done with the foot now on sock #1, will post a pic once it's done. However we have to go grocery shopping now, ick, so I'll hopefully get to knit them tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #1007
aprildavis99
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to aprildavis99
Way to go, Cinnamon girl.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #1008
cinnamon_girl
Knitting the Flap

dotty.. thanks, I think I'm going to go to 3 for the leg portion. And I'm curious about the circs and the magic loop but I'm not quite ready to go there yet.
Plus I just got my supply of dpn's to a comfortable point.
I loved the toddler socks by the way. So cute!! I think I'm going to start with house socks on worsted or sport weight for the grandkiddies. Or else I have to get quicker.
And your daughter's bag is quite pretty.

jberry16.. thanks, I hope they do cheer her up.
Looking forward to seeing your next project. I saw your finished hedgies Love them!!

suzygirl @

I'm Suzy Girl on the blog I share with my good friend Jenny Girl .. Come visit us!!
http://twocrazyknitchicks.blogspot.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamon_girl For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (10-01-2007), jberry16 (10-01-2007)
Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #1009
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Cinnamon_girl~ Thank you!! Your socks look wonderful!! I can't wait to see the 9to5s... have you seen the new magknit socks? I think these socks will cure our self sock striping syndrome ...it breaks up the pattern and gives you a new pattern so you don't have to worry about them matching up... I might give them a try with one of the self stripings that have been sitting in my closet forever...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (10-01-2007), cinnamon_girl (10-01-2007), jberry16 (10-01-2007), jeanius80 (10-01-2007)
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #1010
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
jberry~I'm glad she is feeling better ... We planned on breaking our son of his paci before Roo came...but his dr told us not to that right now he would need that security...to wait till after the she came...so dh was like ok one week after & that is it...but after she came and he seen her with one and everything he just kinda left it alone and didn't take it...mom bought him a stuffed puppy...he clutched onto that and let the paci be... then Roo didn't take one for very long and she started spitting them out...so we never had to find a way with her either... one lady suggested with Isaiah to hide it and be like oh no it's all gone...not sure if that would work or not ...I know my dad decided with me it was time and one morning I went into their room and dad took it from me...put it inside his pillow and said we are big now we don't need that ol' thing... mom said I kept going in there and patting his pillow all day...her dad brought me down a baby and that is what I attached myself to ..still have her sitting on Roo's shelf now...sounds like the socks are moving right along... I have to do grocery shopping some time...I keep putting it off...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Closed Thread