Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Chel
Turning the Heel

Call me a horrible person...<rant>
I am just seething and sick inside. I just read a news story where 2 teenage girls set a kitten on fire. Someone heard them laughing while the cat was sheriking in pain. And these kids are up for charges of animal cruelty. No way. Not near enough. People say its "just an animal". Well 100% of all serial killers began torturing animals. I say life in prison at the least. Death penalty. I'm sorry. When it comes to torturing the ones without a voice, animals, the disabled, children, the elderly I do not think there should be a chance. Especially not when you take pleasure in the harming of others. Things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

The hardest part for me is that they took pleasure in hurting this poor creature. The cat is still alive. Its being treated by a Animal Hospital. Who could do such a thing. I'm sorry. I don't even think these people deserve to be called human beings and they should not have any privilages as such.

People in the community are complaining that this is getting more attention than the slaying of a teenager in the same area. What don't they understand? ANY lost of innocence is still a loss. Any loss of life is still a loss. The circumstances are both tragic.

This just makes me so sad. And everyone in the office is looking at me funny because I am sitting at my desk crying over a cat.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
LibraryLady
1st Leg of the Journey

You are NOT a horrible person!

You are absolutely right! Cruelty to animals is generally ALWAYS the first visible sign of sociopathic/pyschopathic behavior. It's VERY scary to see this treated so casually!

Please, Please, try to let us know how the cat is faring!

LL
LibraryLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Chel
Turning the Heel

Here is the story-it includes a pic of the cat.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289880,00.html

I feel horrible saying these girls should get the death penalty. I feel that way because it would be horrible for thier parents and the rest of their family. But thats the only reason.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Carrie218
1st Leg of the Journey

It is because we who live in this community (as I do) are appalled that this cat (and don't get me wrong, I am a cat owner!) is getting more news coverage on a day-to-day basis than the dozens of rapes, murders, and infractions against HUMAN BEINGS.

It is not tit-for-tat and one cannot compare apples to oranges, but we who live in the Bay Area are simply aghast at mis-guided passions. To me, it is akin to the PETA people spending all their time and energy against the production of foie gras, a product consumed by the minority where mere hundreds of ducks "suffer" yet they ignore the tens of thousands of chickens being abused in production of Foster Farms products.

It is simply a matter of perspective and what is more important to each individual.
Carrie218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
I am so shocked and disheartened to read that. I'm also angry. It makes you wonder what their parents are like.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Luvmyrottnboy
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Carrie218 View Post
It is because we who live in this community (as I do) are appalled that this cat (and don't get me wrong, I am a cat owner!) is getting more news coverage on a day-to-day basis than the dozens of rapes, murders, and infractions against HUMAN BEINGS.

It is not tit-for-tat and one cannot compare apples to oranges, but we who live in the Bay Area are simply aghast at mis-guided passions. To me, it is akin to the PETA people spending all their time and energy against the production of foie gras, a product consumed by the minority where mere hundreds of ducks "suffer" yet they ignore the tens of thousands of chickens being abused in production of Foster Farms products.

It is simply a matter of perspective and what is more important to each individual.

This is not a misguided passion. And I think folks who think this is getting too much coverage are missing the point.

Two CHILDREN tortured and maimed a DEFENSELESS , innocent creature. These children are clearly sick and yes, they should shout this story to the rooftops.

A poor kitten today, maybe someon's child tomorrow.

Look at the big picture.

Denise

Mom to the late Cyrus the Fluffweiler CGC forever in my heart and James the Alpha cat
Luvmyrottnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
I think you're right they should at least get a VERY large prison sentence. The fact that they seemed to get enjoyment from hurting an innocent life shows that they obviously are sick people.

Did you hear about the NFL player Michael Vick who was fighting pit bulls? Apparently if they (him and whoever was doing it with him) didn't feel that the dog was up to their standards they would electrocute it, drown it, or do a number of other horrible things to kill it. Here's a link to story on CNN for more details. Sometimes I just can't imagine how people could be so cruel.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset

where are the parents?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
Silver
Instepping Out

I don't think you're a horrible person, but I think the death penalty is way too harsh. But I think the girls AND their parents should all be punished. There's NO way a 15 year old girl could do that if she had proper parents who taught their kids right from wrong.

I am so disgusted that their parents probably will not get reprimanded. WTF is wrong with people??

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
It sounds like they all (parents included) need counseling (in addition to time in juvey).

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote