Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
gamerchik
Knitting the Flap

Snowbear is right about the difference between verbal/nonverbal communication.

I can totally vouch for Shandeh -- she is a sweetheart and I'm CERTAIN that her correspondence w/you held NO malicious, condescending or insulting intentions.
Shandeh (07-25-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #12
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

I love how this community is so supportive of everyone and Sandy does do many wonderful things. However not everyone operates in the same "selfless" way that Sandy does and everyone needs to respect that.

However, I do think this is an important time to note that we do need to utlize PMs if we are questioning someone on something like this.

I may be alone in this but I hope that everyone learns that perhaps PMs are a good avenue for such discussions. The use of emoticons can be construed incorrectly and PMs are a much better way to discuss things than using the emoticon.

I'm sorry if this offends any one, but I feel this side needs to be pointed out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sara_jayne For This Useful Post:
catownedanna (07-25-2007), hunterjenn (07-25-2007)
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #13
zip

I've refrained from saying something because KH peeps will possibly consider me biased, but...

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Here's where you'll find my "stuff" http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm Thanks for asking Cheley
each of her posts takes just a little bit more from her credibility. :yadda:

Kudos, Sandy, for taking a stand in defense of charities and those who seriously support them.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (07-25-2007)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
cheley
Working the Gusset

:yadda::yadda::yadda:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
I've refrained from saying something because KH peeps will possibly consider me biased, but...

each of her posts takes just a little bit more from her credibility. :yadda:

Kudos, Sandy, for taking a stand in defense of charities and those who seriously support them.
You can question my credibility, because you don't know me...:yadda:but I think the "icon" that you decided on using says it all...you are biased
. So, have a nice day, I am sooo glad that everyone vented their frustation today... I apologized for offending any "charity" of few blogs ago
Old 07-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

Oh, I'm sorry.
Obama is my candidate for the election!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #16
zip

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
:yadda::yadda::yadda: You can question my credibility, because you don't know me...:yadda:but I think the "icon" that you decided on using says it all...you are biased
. So, have a nice day, I am sooo glad that everyone vented their frustation today... I apologized for offending any "charity" of few blogs ago
Bless your heart. I'm not questioning your credibility.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #17
Braden
Instepping Out

I'd just like to make 4 points:

1. Sandy is a wonderful person, who doesn't know that? I know that she would never "attak" or publicly humiliate another person here. I believe that this whole thing was just a big misunderstanding.

2. Charity knitting is exactly what it seems, you're giving to someone less fortunate than you. There is usually no "trading" involved. You are giving something for nothing.

3. If someone wants to trade a knitted item for a book, that's not exactly a donation, and it should probably be posted to the Buy/Sell/Swap board.

4. This is a great forum with fantastic people who are so quick to forgive/forget disputes, and I think we can safely say that there was no "dispute", if there was, than it's over, and that we're a happy, functioning KH again!

And, Cheley, no one was questioning your credibility, judging from your posts (including your reply earlier) , you're a great person!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Braden For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (07-25-2007)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #18
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
cheley, I hope that we can get to know each other better. Hopefully, our next conversation will be happier and more constructive.

Last edited by Shandeh : 07-25-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #19
hunterjenn
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via MSN to hunterjenn Send a message via Yahoo to hunterjenn
Not to stir the pot anymore, but I agree with Sara. I think we need to be careful how we "straighten out" people here...especially newer members. Regardless of everyone's feelings about charity knitting, I think the point is that Cheley felt hurt by how strongly she was, in my opinion, reprimanded.

I think those of us who are here all the time sometimes forget that others just need a little nudge in the right direction...not a shove.
*Isabella from Spring Knitty
*Striped hoodie from Nursery Knits
*Tomato from Knitting Daily
I'm hunterjenn on Ravelry. Come find me!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hunterjenn For This Useful Post:
Andrea (07-25-2007), cando (07-25-2007), CarmenIbanez (07-26-2007), catownedanna (07-25-2007), Debbie (07-26-2007), Jillle (07-25-2007), letah75 (07-25-2007), mulene (07-25-2007), sara_jayne (07-25-2007), Stiney (07-25-2007)
Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

It is easy for a group who has known each other for so long - or for a length of time - not to take exception over posts etc because you KNOW the character and you KNOW their humanity etc, so, yes, it is reasonable to be mindful re new people or people with english as a second language in particular.

That said, in my opinion, it is NOT one person's job or task or role to smooth a surface and to promote both healing and 'new' connections solo. That takes gracious attitudes on both sides.
Closed Thread