Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Casting On
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garter Ridge

I'm a fairly new knitter and am working on a felted box from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. The pattern directs you to
knit "garter ridge" sitches. This sounds like a dumb question,
but is this different than regular garter stich? The book assumes the reader knows what it is. Thanks! Cynthia
cynthiaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote


This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
Mod Squad
Ingrid's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pleasant Valley, NY
Posts: 29,585
Thanks: 21
Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,845 Posts
When you knit garter, you get the ridges automatically. Each purl-bump row is a ridge. They use it because it's easier to count the ridges in garter than the rows. Each ridge is 2 rows.
"Trust the pattern!"

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turning Ridge Happymi How-to Questions 3 02-09-2009 02:38 PM
Moderne Log Cabin Blanket - Garter Ridge Question domiknitrix How-to Questions 7 07-08-2008 01:15 PM
why do I get a ridge? candy How-to Questions 4 04-30-2007 09:33 AM
FO-Tassel Hat and Garter Ridge Scarf loveswildflowers What'cha Knittin'? 12 04-13-2006 05:01 PM
to form a ridge ???? Jenifer Peters How-to Questions 1 04-17-2005 06:00 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.