Old 08-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
schneiderphoto
Casting On

garter st gauge NOT stockinette?!!?
Hello everyone!

So I'm undertaking Haiku on knitty for my cousin's new baby girl.

The patter says to knit a swatch in garter stitch....how do i measure gauge in garter stitch? each individual stitch? or do i count 2 in a ridge?

I usually do swatches in stockenette...so I'm a little confused.

(*note - i did a search on here for my question and couldn't find exactly what i was looking for...hopefully you guys can help me out!)

x
Mel
schneiderphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Since your stitch gauge is most important, make that the one that counts. Count each top purl bump as a stitch and you should be good.

Each ridge of garter equals two rows of knitting, so you can get a general idea on that.

The nice thing about baby clothes is that if it turns out a bit big, it will fit eventually!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote