Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
BTW, how long is the book sale going on at KPs? I added Knitters Almanac to my stash, but there's a note that I would be notified when it was available to order. I guess they're out of stock on it?

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
BTW, how long is the book sale going on at KPs? I added Knitters Almanac to my stash, but there's a note that I would be notified when it was available to order. I guess they're out of stock on it?
I'm not sure how long it's going on. I had actually already assumed it was over, but when I saw it was still going on, I decided I needed to buy. It just says Summer Book Sale, so I don't really know...

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #13
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Keep checking your stash on the sit about the book. I had a couple of things in my stash and I never got an email from them to tell me they were available. So when I did check back, first one was available and the other back ordered, then they both were out of stock. I had to keep checking myself til they were both available and I could order what I wanted.

Best,
Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zkimom For This Useful Post:
suzeeq (08-08-2007)
Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
jodstr2
Instepping Out

I love all 3 Vogue Stichionaries.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jodstr2 For This Useful Post:
redheadrachel (08-08-2007)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #15
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Thanks Susan for the reminder to check the site.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 AM   #16
Janice5G
Casting On

thanks redheadrachel
thanks redheadrachel
Janice5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #17
tropicallie
Ribbing the Cuff

Hey Rachel. I would vote for a good stitch book (if you don't already have one)(or even if you do!). I don't know if it's available from KP, (I got mine at B&N) but, on the recommendation of someone here, I got Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. It's 288 pages with 2 patterns per page. That's LOTS of stitch patterns. As a fairly new knitter, I found the stitch instructions clear and easy to follow. They're given in narative and chart form with a big, beautiful color pic of each one. Publisher's price is only $14.95.
tropicallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #18
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Hi! What a great sale. I have the Big Book of Patterns also, that is so much fun to play around with. It's really fascinating. I have EZ's Knitting Without Tears. It's good but, the patterns are you know, old fashioned (not that there's anything wrong with that). Fair Isle sweaters and basic hats... Do you knit socks? I've wanted Nancy Bush's book forever, I think I'll finally get it. S'n'Bitch, one word of caution: my book fell apart after a few months. I didn't even use it much. I don't care for it much either, it was my first book and I never even made one pattern from it.

NO Sheep for You is very cool, great patterns. And I just have to have Victorian Lace someday even if I don't knit lace yet... it's gorgeous!

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #19
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

I have been knitting for a little over two years and I have collected a lot of knitting books. The one I use the most is Knit Fix by Lisa Kartus. I always keep it close by while I'm knitting. So far I haven't had a problem with my knitting that isn't covered in this book. I love it!

I have all of Sally Melville's books and recommend her because she is such a great instructor. However, I will say that I don't like every single pattern, but there are enough patterns that I do like to feel justified spending the money for the books.

I recently got Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. I haven't actually started anything from this book yet, but the projects are beautiful and designed for minimum finishing (my favorite kind of knitting).

No Sheep for You is next on my list and I really want to get The Pleasures of Knitting by Ann McCauley because I absolutely LOVE the Peri's Parasol Pullover (check it out on KnitPicks under patterns/sweaters). I MUST have that sweater -- someday!

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #20
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

I'm in a bit of a hurry so I didn't check to see if anyone had already posted this. I just checked the KnitPicks site and the 40% off summer book sale ends Friday, August 17th, 2007.

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote