Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #111
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Martha & Pammie, thanks for the responses! I am addicted to Stage 6, that's where I get my Who fix every day. I could only find the first 3 episodes of Blackpool there, but I did find the rest on youtube. I LOVE that show... but somehow I don't see it doing well here in the states. Our remake is already on the '5 worst new shows' list and it hasn't even premiered!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #112
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

i don't think a lot of the really good british shows would do very well over here. just goes to show that we actually have taste. i wonder what's wrong with the rest of the country....

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #113
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

tomorrow i go for my orientation, and then i should be starting my new job on thursday.

i was looking at the online version on the new employee packet and found this:

What should I bring?

A light snack is recommended for those who require nutrition within a four-hour timeframe. There are vending machines available on-site; however, selections may not be to your liking or limited by previous participantsí purchases.

i don't know why, but that just had me .

i noticed that it didn't say anything about knitting. i wonder if i could get away with it.

is my first yarnimeanpaycheck here yet? although, i really don't know if i'll have any left for yarn since it will basically be half a check.
scratch that. my grandfather is getting that mmmmmscarf, dangit!

i am loving stage6!!! it's the only place i've seen "robot." that scarf has been through A LOT of abuse. what a shame. and it was such a pretty scarf, too.

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #114
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Lady Violet View Post
A light snack is recommended for those who require nutrition within a four-hour timeframe. There are vending machines available on-site; however, selections may not be to your liking or limited by previous participantsí purchases.
Hahahaha!

I take it some English teacher must've written this, right? Or maybe the lunch lady!?

Good idea for a website...quotes from employee handbooks, etc.!

I just LOVE "Robot"! Tom Baker looks great and he's so...quirky...great introduction to the 4th Doctor...the story is so good too, that weird smart-people group...the Professor guy....I love how Sarah is sneaking around their compound...heehee...!

Martha
MarthaStarWarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #115
joyuna
Casting On

Here's my scarf WIP :]

joyuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #116
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

lookin' good, joyuna!!!

at orientation today i found out i don't get paid until halloween. good thing i'm not one for dressing up. it's funny, though, because i absolutely LOVE costumes, especially period and fantasy/scifi stuff. until i come up with the absolutely perfect Time Lady costume complete with Scarf (which is knitting up nicely ), i would probably just stick with dressing like Rose. all i would really need is her Wrist Warmers. i could probably afford those since, oh yeah. i forget to mention this. i helped out the sweetest 1st grade teacher in the whole world for 3 weeks when her assistant hurt her back (stress fractures in her spine an hour and a half into the school year). my mom (who teaches at the same WONDERFUL school) brought home an envelope yesterday to me from that wonderfully sweet teacher. I GOT GIFTED!!!!! $25 at one of my LYSs!!!! i could not believe it. you know how when you get excited sometimes you shake as you breathe? that's what i was doing. just like when i walked out onto the lot at the dealership and saw my TARDIS. so anyway, i have plenty to get yarn for the Wrist Warmers. well, if they have the right color. i'm also considering using it for part of the yarn for my first sweater. of course, i haven't decided quite decided which one i want to start with (from IK, of course).

one more thing - my brother should be home sometime within the next 30 minutes!!!
i just hope i get to spend some time with him before he flies to okinawa.

UPDATE: he's home!!!!!

Last edited by Lady Violet : 09-12-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #117
PammieJR
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to PammieJR
Looking GOOD, Joy!

Thanks for the updates Violet!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #118
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Joyuna, that's looking great!

Violet, wow, you're busy!

I got to see Martha's scarf in person yesterday, and it is just fabulous! I can't wait to see more of it!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #119
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Joy, your Scarf is fantastic! I PROMISE (once again..cough cough) to post pix of my progress...really! I just hope I don't run out of yarn...I think my stitches are tighter than I thought and my supply of d/c yarn is running low...NOOO!

Lady Vi...I'm so happy your brother is in town...and you got LYS cash...and...HEY...you have too much good news! Heehee!

Thanks for the compliment Abbily...I got to see Abbily's Oddball Shawl and it is FANTASTIC! Rows of heathery softness, feathery-glitter, etc...just beautiful...she should be glad I didn't just run off with it...I'm kind of like a cat...I like glittery/soft/comfy/fuzzy stuff! Still jealous that you have a swift in your office...

PammieJR...where are those pix of your Mum posing with Scarves?? Hmmm?

Martha
MarthaStarWarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #120
Gloriapike
Ribbing the Cuff

My scarf's halfway done!

Unfortunately my husband's been working 12-hour shifts so he's not been around to help me photograph it. >_>