Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #21
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by kellycarr05 View Post
Brilliant!! Count me in!!
Woot! Nice avatar kellycarr05!

Martha
MarthaStarWarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #22
Renoah
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm so in! ...As soon as I have a job...

My brother needs a scarf. He's going to college, and he has to keep up with his college roommate (who, though he looks for all the world like a short Tom Baker, made his scarf on a kid's loom, the cheater). I feel it is my responsibility to keep him adequately and geekily warm in the winter.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #23
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

here's my scarf so far:

i think it's looking really good. i did the first color change between the green and the burgundy the way chris recommended on doctorwhoscarf.com. between the burgundy and winter white i started the new color with the first stitch instead of the third. between the winter white and the yellow i went back to the recommended way. i really like it better. the sides of the scarf go straight down as opposed to the winter white where it kind of bulges a little where i changed the color. i even like the way it shows up in those first three stitches. it's like a secret code being knit into my scarf!

if you look at the the stash picture i posted earlier, you'll notice that i didn't have any purple. i was kind of bummed about not having purple in my Time Lady scarf. and the more i thought about it, the more bummed i got. well, mom really surprised me saturday night. she bought me a skein of amethyst red heart! it's the perfect purple - bright, but not too bright, and royal.
before i forget, chris posted a short update on DWS yesterday. apparently, a lot of the Jo Sharp colors have been discontinued - not just the khaki. so now he's researching the colors again and will update with new ones once he finds the best matches.

Martha, are you feeling any better? somehow i missed your post in the other thread monday.
since you have to wait for your amethyst , are you going to start your scarf on the other end, or just wait? did they give you an idea of how long it might be?

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #24
mamid
Casting On

its bad enough that DH wants another jayne hat. If I show him that list of patterns, I'll never be able to knit another shawl again!
mamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #25
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Mamid: Hahaha...my nephew really wants one of the Jayne hats...so far I've somehow escaped making one!

Lady Violet: I've been SO sick...throat pain, nose is all congested, cough...ack! I was off yesterday, but spent the day in bed, couldn't even get the energy to knit, walk or anything. This morning (it's 6am now) I'm a little better, going to try and go to work..

I got the Jo Sharp I ordered from Ozeyarns,..but am still waiting on some colours that are coming in from a yarn store in Memphis. They emailed and said Amethyst had been discontinued, but are still sending Camel and another colour I ordered. It's not even here yet!

I looked around and found a company called Woodland Woolworks in Oregon. What a great company...they had 13 balls left of Amethyst, and are sending it 2 day air, I'll get it in tomorrow..yay! I should be starting on the Scarf tomorrow (I better feel well enough to garter stitch!).

Your scarf looks fabulous! What great colours! That's excellent you got that ball of Amethyst yarn!

Renoah: Good luck on job hunting, a lot of our knitters are currently doing the same! I'm not too happy at my job and keep wanting to quit, then I think about the prospect of looking for another and I chicken out, haha!

Yours in Time and Space,

Martha
Old 08-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #26
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

i knew i forgot something in my last post.
Renoah, i love the quote in your sig. when you first added it, i thought "that sounds exactly like something the Doctor would say." but i couldn't actually remember ever hearing him say it. then i saw the new episode friday night, and he said it! it was great. i really think David Tennant brings the same optimism that Tom Baker had. it's incredible how alike i've noticed their Doctors are.

i have a question, and this is the only place i know to ask it. i've been watching a ton of the classics on you tube. i haven't seen all the Sarah Jane eps yet, but in the ones i have seen, there's no K-9. i think the Doctor mentions him a couple times, but that's it. if Romana took him when they split (good ep, btw), how did Sarah Jane have him in the second new season, and why were she and the Doctor acting like it had been the three of them when she was his companion? is K-9 in all the Sarah Jane eps i haven't seen yet?

Martha, i'm so sorry you're feeling like you are. if you think about it, there is a good thing about just not feeling like knitting. you don't miss it. i know it's very little condolence when you feel like total crap, but when you're better, you won't look back and think "i spent a whole day at home and didn't get any knitting done! what's wrong with this picture?" know that you're not alone. being unemployed for so long has a way of making me feel like crap, too! but we all have the Doctor to make us feel just a little bit better.

on that note, i was checking the description for tomorrow night's new ep on sci-fi and discovered that lo and behold 6 eps from the 9th Doctor will be on starting at 8 am!!! i think i've been having slight Rose withdrawl, so you can imagine how much i am looking forward to tomorrow. i've even started calling the first 2 new seasons "The Rose Years".

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Old 08-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #27
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Hey, Lady Violet!

I've been watching all the Tom Baker episodes on YouTube as well (making playlists of each episode then playing them all in a row!), and you're right, there is NO K-9 in the Sarah episodes. I'm really going to have to search around for an explanation as to why Sarah recognizes K-9 in the David Tennant episode (great episode, I love it!).

Watched "Genesis of the Daleks" while I was sick yesterday...and some "Tom Baker Tribute" videos...great stuff.

BTW, I started a channel up on YouTube, Marthanna's Mostly British Video...you could probably search for Marthanna...I've only posted episodes of The Young Ones (80's comedy) so far..!

Tomorrow I get the rest of my yarn, then it'll be garter stitching 24/7 for me!

Yours in Time and Space,

Martha

PS: I'll be watching tomorrow night's show for sure! (have to work in the day, though boohoo!)

PPS Nice avatar there, Lady Violet!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
debinoz
Turning the Heel

K-9 didn't appear in the old episodes until "The Invisible Enemy", a Leela story. K-9 recognizes Sarah because the Doctor sent her her own K-9. So really in that episode he is Sarah's K-9. The reason for this is the BBC series called "K-9 and Company" starring K-9 and Sarah. It's sort of like a mystery show. I have the first episode, but that's all.
Lady Violet (08-16-2007)
Old 08-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #29
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

gotcha. so when did he send K-9 to her?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #30
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Excellent, debinoz!

I did not know that! So now...as LV asked, when did he send K-9 to her? I've got to see that...does it happen in the actual K-9 and Company show?

Thanks,

Martha