Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Amberle
1st Leg of the Journey

Stranded colorwork with no floats?
I just learned how to weave yarn ends behind the working yarn (I used the picture tutorial from Sockpr0n, it's great!). This is an awesome technique!! Now I wonder whether I can incorporate this technique into stranded colorwork, so there would be no floats.

The problem: I can't figure out how to weave the color in the right hand behind the color in the left hand (read: continentally). The tutorial I used only shows how to weave the left-hand strand behind the right, and I can't figure out how to reverse the process (Believe me, I've tried, because I prefer to knit continentally, heehee). It seems like switching the yarns between hands at every color change would be time consuming and would lead to tangled yarn.

Any tips would be helpful!
Amberle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!