Old 08-16-2007, 04:03 AM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
baby stuff questions
hi!

1) is it silly to send 100% superwash wool items to missouri for a baby being born like now or will they get some use out of them? should i go with cotton-ey something instead? i know it's important to keep infants warm, but how warm i guess is my question.

2) if we are aware the baby's head circumference is a little larger than normal newborn, should i do like a 3-6 months maybe or stick with newborn sizing or maybe just do it in like a 1x1 rib so it has some give?

thanks!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 AM   #2
Mystery_Gyrl
Turning the Heel

baby stuff questions
Hi,
I would say for the hat to go with some nice ribbing (2x2, 3x2, etc.) so the new parent(s) are able to use it for as long as possible (not too small not too big).

As for the superwash wool I don't now how the weather "swings" in Missouri, but if anything you could make fall and or winter items for the baby that way you get to use the wool.
Katrina
Mystery_Gyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

And also know that baby needs warmer hats for night wear or for windy (when wind chill is higher) days. I'm sure the yarn you have will be fine.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
I haven't lived in Missouri, but I'd say that wool would probably be too warm until late autumn. As far as size goes I'd go with the 6mo to 1yr size. Better too large than too small.

If you do use wool make sure it's SOFT wool, too.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote