Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Web Design
Sometimes having so many choices is counter-productive!! I'm trying to tinker around with making a website, but I'm stuck and this is as far as I've gotten. And I can't remember what edit number this this; I've gone through quite few of them.

The basic architecture that I've planned thus far is:

Homepage:
"The Person" - This will be the "about me" page.
"The Hobbyist" - This will be about knitting. (Duh )
"The Blogger" - This will be my daily (or semi-daily ) blog
"The Dreamer" - I majored in music, so I planned on making this page dedicated to my composition. But I'm thinking about making replacing this with something else; although, i don't know what yet.

My problem is that I think I'm working backwards in that I can't seem to get further inspiration for the pages without a layout in mind, color schemes and such. And whenever I come up with a homepage design that I think I like, I can't seem to come up with suitable second level pages. *sigh*

The stuff that I've come across online isn't really helping. Any suggestions/tips/tricks from any creative, web people??

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
Riss
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Riss
Grab a sketchbook and start sketching. Even if you're horrible at drawing, getting your thoughts down on paper is ALWAYS a huge help.

You have a really great start going there. I'd definitly be interested in clicking on and looking at your site and your stuff.

Try to keep it simple and clean.

One of the most important things they taught us in design school is: The computer is just a tool. Step away from the mouse and back onto paper before going any farther.

I love that the navigation is down towards the bottom. I would try to keep everything constrained to within that above the fold window. The only page you might have an issue with is the blog page, depending on how many entries you want up at once.

You've got a great start though... I can't wait to see more.
"Super green."
-The Fifth Element

Rissymur on Ravelry
Riss is offline   Reply With Quote