Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #11
Phretys
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Phretys
Karrying Kolor, I think the Bittersweet hemp color looks great for a cardigan. The yarns they use in the pattern are a wool/silk/cashmere blend that appears to be fingering weight, plus a strand of metallic polyester/rayon. The gauge might be pretty close with the hemp on a small hook. I wonder how the hemp would feel against the skin as a cardigan, though, since the stitches are so dense? I've never used that yarn before so I have no idea if it would be soft or feel like twine.

Debi
Phretys is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

hemp
I have a friend who knitted a sweater with hemp and the material is soooo soft. Try the yarn against your skin and if you like the feel then go with it. I played with this site and found pdf' and symbol patterns. How did you get to Japanese support files? I haven't found that yet. I just loved the patterns and wanted to share.
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote