Old 08-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
zip

ok, I'll confess. I love the Enzyte commercials with BOB. And his wife.

However, anyone who works in pharmaceuticals or the medical industry knows how the pharms push their product. My last job was with a physicians' group that was visited every day by pharm reps who came bearing gifts. Ultimately, the physicians cut those visits to four times per week: two for breakfast and two for lunch. Friday was an employees feed yourself day.

Yeah, it's a racket like anything else. You have to think for yourself.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
Nobones
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to Nobones
I am reading this in the U.K and am appalled that drug company's advertise on telly. What will be next? Private doctors offering operations and the most affordable prices?

In the U.k you can get ads for over the counter medicine for colds and flu etc, but I've never seen one for prescription only drugs.

I'm on a lot of drugs myself, do I need all of them? My doctor seems to think so although I would dearly love to stop taking a few of them.

Oh and I have 'restless leg syndrome' it's a bit of the pain and some time I kick my hubby in the night, but nothing I'd consider taking any pills for.

My dress & costume making website-
www.gothwardian.co.uk

'Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work'. -Aristotle

Nobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
zip

Originally Posted by Nobones View Post
I am reading this in the U.K and am appalled that drug company's advertise on telly. What will be next? Private doctors offering operations and the most affordable prices?
Advertising and competitive pricing already goes on here. Doctors advertise just like attorneys do.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #14
minkoo
Ribbing the Cuff

What I don't understand is sometimes they advertise a drug but don't tell you what it's for! Hello?

I like the ED commercials. It makes up for years of maxi pad commercials women had to suffer with. At least now the playing field is even.
minkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #15
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
I canít stand the drug commercials; theyíre so annoying to watch. I especially canít stand the ED one with Bob, those commercials make me sick. Not only are they annoying, but do we really need to hear men advertising their ED? I also canít stand the ones for STD medications like Valtrex. Yes we get you have genital warts, and now we know that you can pass them on even when youíre not having an outbreak. What stumps me is why anyone would want to act in one of those commercials. The money must be pretty good if these people are going on TV and acting like they have ED and STDs.
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by minkoo View Post
What I don't understand is sometimes they advertise a drug but don't tell you what it's for! Hello?
I'm pretty sure the way the advertising goes is if they don't say what it's for they don't have to list all the side effects. I remember reading something to that affect.
I guess you are supposed to go into your doctor and say "gee I was watching the tv and they mentioned some new drug called xanacialiviagvalt, I'd like to have some" then your doctor is supposed to tell you what it's for and the side effects.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #17
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
I also canít stand the ones for STD medications like Valtrex. Yes we get you have genital warts, and now we know that you can pass them on even when youíre not having an outbreak. .
No, no, no the Valtrex is for herpes that can be passed along to your partner without an outbreak, not genital warts. Haven't you been paying attention to the ads?!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
sinistral_needler
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to sinistral_needler
I don't know which drug the commercial is for (probably Viagara), but I get a kick out of the one that describes one of the side effects as an erection lasting for over 4 hours .. I'm thinking, well, isn't that the point of taking the medication???

"Do whatever {Jesus} tells you to." ~ John 2:5
OTN: Nashua simple ribbed scarf, Seeded Cable Cardigan for Mom, washcloths, Rainy Day Scarf
OTH: baby bobble afghan, shells afghan
sinistral_needler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
angel4ever

Originally Posted by sinistral_needler View Post
I don't know which drug the commercial is for (probably Viagara), but I get a kick out of the one that describes one of the side effects as an erection lasting for over 4 hours .. I'm thinking, well, isn't that the point of taking the medication???
I know, soooo true
Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #20
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Ugh, I can't agree more! I am so sick of ED commercials! In this case I guess it has brought the condition into the open so men who suffer from it won't feel alone, but seriously the number of commercials is insane!!

TBH, MY whole problem with it is that the pills and drugs for ED are SO vast, and SO well known..

What about women who have low or no sex drive?

What about women who have sexual dysfunction?

AND why in ANYONES name is it perfectly FINE to have the insurance PAY for the ED pills, but I cant have my glasses covered by the insurance?

(reminds me of a joke..Bill Maher I think? Or Robin Williams. You can get an erection but you cant see where to put it.)

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote