Old 08-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
booskibabe
Knitting the Flap

Moda Dea Silk wool
I was browsing in a Joann Fabric's yesterday and came across something lovely. Moda Dea Silk wool! I think it's 85% wool 15% silk, 150+ yards for $5.99. It feels wonderfully soft and squishy and the colors are awesome.
Sooo has anyone tried this? I think it would make a lovely Bluebell from Fitted Knits. After all my Christmas projects are completed, of course.

Gauge - challenged knitter
Knitting is my therapy
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
I just bought two balls of this about an hour ago.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
booskibabe
Knitting the Flap

Ooooh knit something up! Please!!! What color did you get? What are you going to make with it?

On a side note, right beside the silk wool they had superwash wool - for $2 more. I would've thought the silk wool would have been pricier.

Knitting is my therapy
Old 08-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
I got mine at AC Moore and I noticed that, too. I think the washable wool had more yardage, but I didn't check, so I don't know.
I have no idea what I'm going to make with it or why I decided I needed two balls. Maybe a hat? Small scarf? Mittens? I got the green color called Wasabi.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
booskibabe
Knitting the Flap

You got my favorite color! Waht about a fetching and calorimetry? You would probably have enough yardage to do both.

Knitting is my therapy