Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
knit.newbie
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Rorshach View Post
hehe, sounds familiar, except my rules were don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Quote:
Seriously, it'll all work out. The guy you're seeing, if you feel strongly about him, then age hardly matters. case in point, my elder brother is married to someone who is 2 years younger than I, he's 35, and she's 29.
he's def the best thing that has ever happened to me! and it's not just stupid teenagers talk..everybody who knows about us thinks we make the perfect cpl!

thanks a lot!
u guys are really cheering me up!

Haley is knitting!

OTN:
wide lil simple headband

FO:
skinny ribbed scarf

techniques learned:
the basics(knit, purl, cast on, bind off)
I-cord
(that's it! )

ultimate goal:
make a pretty shrug!

knit.newbie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
knit.newbie
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Knitting_Guy View Post
Or a potential speeding ticket.

so true!

Haley is knitting!

OTN:
wide lil simple headband

FO:
skinny ribbed scarf

techniques learned:
I-cord
(that's it! )

ultimate goal:
make a pretty shrug!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Something in side you tells you right from wrong. Follow your heart, just use your head in making choices.

If you say the heck with everyone else and do your own thing, just remember if it turns out wrong, you will have to take the blame. But if you live your life following other peoples dreams and wishes for your life, then if it doesn't turn out you will blame them.

It depends how you handle responsibility. But life is short so sometimes a gut feeling can help you make decisions. Just be strong, it is sometimes hard to make everyone in your life happy at the same time along with yourself.

So, ya, keep your chin up.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
knit.newbie (08-23-2007)
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
knit.newbie
1st Leg of the Journey

auburnchick : well..I know my parents...they'd NEVER get any open minded...
I'd basically be bringing shame on them if I go ahead and marry that guy (someday)..or if i even move out! that's how it is where they grew up and that's how they're always going to be!!
they don't even like that I have friends from other origins that me!! that's how closed-minded they are..

mare-nitt: I guess it would be better if I go with what I want then blame myself for it...cause you can't really blame anybody else for ur decisions..even if ur decision was to do what they think..it's still urs..

Haley is knitting!

OTN:
wide lil simple headband

FO:
skinny ribbed scarf

techniques learned:
I-cord
(that's it! )

ultimate goal:
make a pretty shrug!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #16
misha rf

I wish I had some advice to offer you, but I can't add to what's been said. Except to say that my husband is 12 years older than me.

And a good cry can be very therapeutic!!!

Mason, you are too funny!!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
knit.newbie (08-23-2007)
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
iza
Turning the Heel

I know it's not as easy as it seems. I have a few friends in the same situation. It's very hard on them.

This being said, you must live your own life. I don't know how old you are, but if you're a Canadian adult, you're free to marry whoever you want. Your parents might not like all your choices, but I'm sure they love you, so they'll learn to live with the choices you make. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to iza For This Useful Post:
knit.newbie (08-23-2007)
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #18
Arielluria
Instepping Out

I won't counsel you on the religious issues (I have my own strong opinions) but each one does according to how much they practice their own religion and how important they feel that will be in the future. Just remember............when you have kids, that may be a MAJOR bone of contention - you want to raise them one way, he wants it the other.

First of all, forget the age stuff! My DH is 12 years old than I and that's all out the window by the time you're in your 30s and 40s. Point is, how does he treat you? Be honest about it.......you don't have to answer here, just be honest with yourself, because blood IS thicker than water and you don't need to complicate your life over someone who doesn't adoreyou - through thick or thin.

Once you answer that question I think all the others follow suit. In the end it's all dust to dust, and no one will remember this 20 years from now.............ESPECIALLY if they have to eat crow if he turns out to be the love of your life (like mine). NOT that we haven't had our problems and major fights, but in the end, we each feel we got better than we deserve, and THAT'S what's going to take you through the rest of your life.

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arielluria For This Useful Post:
knit.newbie (08-23-2007)
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #19
mrs desert rain
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to mrs desert rain
i dated a guy off-and-on for 8 years (through HS and part of college), and my parents worried so much about me marrying him -- and i rebelled so much against them then! he turned out to be a great family man -- for someone else. (but i knew he would be, so i was vindicated, in a way...)

but they really were watching out for my future -- they wanted me to get out of our small town, experience big-city life, etc., and that wouldn't have happened if i'd married him.

that said, sometimes parents know what's best. and sometimes they don't. that's a matter for both your heart and your mind.

in the meantime, cry as often as you like! weep, whimper, or bawl your eyes out! nothing is more therapeutic. and really listen to yourself.

regarding your father's health... a story: a previous boss once told me that he would give ANYTHING to have 5 more minutes with his father, who had recently passed. that really, really stuck with me.

Free time? What free time?
More socks (Lorna's Laces, Baltic Sea)
Tie-Front Cardigan (p. 71 VOGUE Knitting, Holiday 06)
Rose Cardigan (VOGUE Knitting, Winter 07)

Recent FO's
Wicked Sweater
Socks and socks and socks
Calorimetries Galore
mrs desert rain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs desert rain For This Useful Post:
knit.newbie (08-23-2007)
Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
knit.newbie
1st Leg of the Journey

iza: I am a canadian adult..but I just don't wanna kill my dad u know..he could easily get a heart attack cuz of that..
thanks

Arielluria: thank you..
and It's always nice to hear about two people who really love each other..

about the religion part..of course I totally respect your beliefs..myself though, even though I do believe in a certain religion..and I very much believe in a greatest power (God)..It's not a very big part of my life..mainly because there are quite a lot of parts in my religion that just doesn't make sense...and I tend to believe that it was kindda modified by people since God wouldn't send stuff like that (like how in my religion guys are fine marrying girls from other religions but girls cant)..
and I also believe that It's actually a good thing for my future kids cause they'll get to see and understand both our beliefs..and decide for themselves what to believe in!

and about him..even though I'm pretty young ive been though good relationships..and ive also been through an abusive one..and I've NEVER seen someone who treats me (or treats any other girl) as good as he does.. he's always there for me no matter what..he puts up with my emotional breakdowns that happens quite a lot cuz of my parents.. he'd take as much time and effort as he could to help me with anything..and he's given me love ive never had before..and made me feel special like nobody else have before..he's just..perfect..
if he wasn't..i would'nt have even gotten into this relationship..cause it's waaaay too much effort and conflict and I'm normally an avoid-conflict kindda person..

I just wish my parents would understand cuz I wouldn't wanna break their hearts(or possibly physically hurt them) for my happiness...cause that would be just plain selfish..

and I'm almost 100% sure they never will! (and im actually an optimistic person usually!)

Haley is knitting!

OTN:
wide lil simple headband

FO:
skinny ribbed scarf

techniques learned:
I-cord
(that's it! )

ultimate goal:
make a pretty shrug!