Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
ruru
Casting On

hi stuck on decreases
Hi can anyone tell me how can I ssk, K2 , K2 tog
for raglan

ruru
ruru is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Mystery_Gyrl
Turning the Heel

stuck on decreases
Hi,
Maybe I don't understand your question. However, from what you wrote you slip stitch twice knit those two stitches off the right hand needle, knit two stitches plain, then knit two stitches together off the left hand needle. (This is going under the assumption that you are not "mirror knitting"). If you have at least six stitches on your left needle this should work.
What are you exactly unclear about? Also, check the glossary tab (at the top of the page) for any abbreviations you are unclear off.
Katrina
Mystery_Gyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
ruru
Casting On

Originally Posted by Mystery_Gyrl View Post
Hi,
Maybe I don't understand your question. However, from what you wrote you slip stitch twice knit those two stitches off the right hand needle, knit two stitches plain, then knit two stitches together off the left hand needle. (This is going under the assumption that you are not "mirror knitting"). If you have at least six stitches on your left needle this should work.
What are you exactly unclear about? Also, check the glossary tab (at the top of the page) for any abbreviations you are unclear off.
Katrina
Hi Katrina .. thanks for the explanation . actually the abbreviations I wrote was from a design pattern i picked up from the internet .. what am I unclear about is that i never get the same number of remaining stiches on the left and right sleeves.
so when i follow the pattern (ssk, kn, k2 tog) i get , for example, 61 on the right sleeve and 57 or 59 on the right .. that is why i am confused . i did not know whether I should slip the stiches off the right hand needle then , knit the slipped ones again and then knit two together off the left hand needle . I have never done raglan before and I wanted to try it because i like this design.
so what do you suggest ?
by the way what is mirror knitting , can u explain?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
When slip the 2 sts, you knit them together after slipping, then knit 2 more, then k2tog. What pattern are you using? You should be doing the same decs on both sleeves so you get the same number.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
ruru
Casting On

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
When slip the 2 sts, you knit them together after slipping, then knit 2 more, then k2tog. What pattern are you using? You should be doing the same decs on both sleeves so you get the same number.
the pattern says:
Decrease Row [RS]: [K to 3 sts before marker, ssk, k2, k2tog] 4 times, k to end.
Repeat these 2 rows 30[32, 34, 36, 38] times more. 68[76, 88, 100, 112] sts.

can u explain this to me
Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
suzeeq
Knit On!

Exactly how it's written - when there are 3 sts before the marker, ssk, k2 (the marker will be between these 2 sts) then knit the next 2 together. Repeat all the way around, then knit the next round. Do this as many times as written for your size until you have the right number of sts (68, 76, 88, 100, or 112) left for the size you're making. This is a very common decrease in raglan knitting.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:27 AM   #7
ruru
Casting On

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Exactly how it's written - when there are 3 sts before the marker, ssk, k2 (the marker will be between these 2 sts) then knit the next 2 together. Repeat all the way around, then knit the next round. Do this as many times as written for your size until you have the right number of sts (68, 76, 88, 100, or 112) left for the size you're making. This is a very common decrease in raglan knitting.
Hi again my question is :
after ssk , should I k 2 the stitches ( 1 before and after marker) then knit those same two together or knit together the following two.
what I am trying to say is that when I used to ssk , then K2 ( 1 before marker and 1 after marker) and then knit togther the following 2 stitches . i used to got different numbers of stitches on right and left hand sides ( 57 on one , for example, and 61 on another ) though they should be the same
that is why i am confused .. I do not get the same number of stitches on both sides
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
suzeeq
Knit On!

You should knit the following 2. Then repeat the whole thing - [K to 3 sts before marker, ssk, k2, k2tog] 4 times - so you will do the decs at all the markers. That should make your stitch count the same.