Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
LauraD
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via ICQ to LauraD
Yarn Club
Yarn of the month clubs...

Okay I have just become aware of their existence and would love nothing more than to be a part of one...BUT the pessimist in me is in high gear until someone else says they have had a positive experience...

Anybody? Beuller?

FO: Manos Scarf for ME!, Scarf for dd, 4 preemie hats, Mmmm Scarf for SIL, Caliometry for SIL

OTN:Afghan for MIL, Afghan for Dad, A dozen preemie hats for my local hospital, leg warmers for bff!

WestLakeWife on Ravelry!

http://westlakewife.blogspot.com/

LauraD is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I joined the Yarn of the Month club--the one that sends you 4 samples of different yarns, enough for a swatch of each.

I thought it would help me not order so much yarn.:rofl hard::rofl hard::rofl hard:

*wipes eyes*

For a long time I had a large stash of little baggies with yarn in them. A few months ago I started knitting the swatches. I found yarn that I love and yarn that I know I won't buy, and, unfortunately, since I waited so long, yarn that I loved but that was discontinued.

So in the end, it has been helpful for me to try them out. Fun to play with them, too. Maybe I'll sew them together for a stuffed animal blanket or something.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
knitncook
Working the Gusset

My concern with these clubs is either I will end up with lots of single balls of yarn that I don't have enough to do anything with or I will end up with single balls of yarn that I love but can't afford to buy enough to make what I really want to with the yarn or I will end up with single balls of yarn that I don't like and they will just sit there staring at me.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
astonh
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
I thought it would help me not order so much yarn.:rofl hard::rofl hard::rofl hard:

*wipes eyes*
Sorry, but THAT got me laughing SO HARD I had to wipe MY eyes as well. Too funny!

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote