Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

thinking about a nose piercing...
so here it is, 10 years after graduating high school when i originally wanted to get it done. i'm married, own a house, have a baby, and am starting a new job on wednesday. what do i want to do? something stupid i guess. i'm thinking about piercing my nose.
just a simple cute little stud. right there (points to nose on left side).
i'm not worried about the new job and the piercing. they are hiring me contract for the first 90 days, and then they'll hire me on full time if they like my work. i'll be working from home and occasionally traveling. they've never seen me, just read my resume, talked to me online and saw my tests i took. so as far as they're concerned, i've had this piercing for years.
then why am i worried? i guess i feel like i'm too old for this kinda thing. i'm only 28. i guess it's because of all the other stuff (hubby, house, kid) that i feel like i'm supposed to be over this piercing thing. i have 8 holes in my ears already and 2 tattoos. i'm not new to this piercing thing...strange how i feel like society expects me to be a certain way, and it actually makes me hesitate..when most 28 yr olds i know would do it without a second thought....

then why am i nervous about it?
i think it's the worry about the pain...
it'd be fun to go in on friday with nose pierced for my last day on teh job. hahaha

a friend and i are going downtown for a day of shopping tomorrow....she said she'd go with me to get it pierced....

worst case, i take it out and i've wasted a bit of cash....right?

what to do....what to do....

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

i really like small studs. mine isn't pierced, and i have no interest in getting it pierced. but i do really like to look at them. strange. anyway, sounds to me like you know exactly what you want. think of it this way. you've spent the last ten years earning it. if i still wanted something like that after ten years, i'd go for it. chances are, the desire is there to stay. like you said, you can always just take it out. you're definitely not too old for anything. i'm the same age, and i'm trying to figure out how to add some purple to my hair as soon as it's long enough to not just look strange. that's something i've wanted to do for ten years (although it's gone from blue to purple ). i say get it done. don't forget to show us pictures!

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
zip

Do it! If you don't, you'll still want it the following day. It's perfect for your last day of work and a fresh new start.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #4
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

Do it!!!! If you don't like it you can always take it out. And if you don't do it, you'll probably wonder "what if". . .

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

i think i'm gonna do it...we'll see how adventurous i get today! hehehe.
as for the purple hair? GO FOR IT! you can either do it yourself using a lightening kit and manic panic, or you could get it done in a salon. they have a lot of new dyes out there that have very bold colors that last a long time. heck, i wouldn't be surprised if there was purple dye sold in the box at the grocery now!

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
Silver
Instepping Out

I'm going to be 35 this year. My kids are 13 & (almost) 16, and I've been married for 15 years.

I just got my nose pierced about 6 weeks ago. The pain is different for everyone, but I swear, it did not hurt me. It felt like someone flicked me on the nose. I'm soooo happy I had it done. I love my nose ring. If you want it, do it. And post pix!!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Lady Violet View Post
i'm trying to figure out how to add some purple to my hair as soon as it's long enough to not just look strange. that's something i've wanted to do for ten years (although it's gone from blue to purple ). i say get it done. don't forget to show us pictures!
Check out Manic Panic. I'm considering the cotton candy pink...

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

The only voice of dissent: No. You're beautiful enough as is.

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
sinistral_needler
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to sinistral_needler
I wouldn't do it. If I would get a cold and have to blow my nose, I would be concerned about unitentional across-the-room casualtys. (I know, I am a DORK.)

"Do whatever {Jesus} tells you to." ~ John 2:5
OTN: Nashua simple ribbed scarf, Seeded Cable Cardigan for Mom, washcloths, Rainy Day Scarf
OTH: baby bobble afghan, shells afghan
sinistral_needler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Friskums

I've had my nose pierced for (my god) 10 years and that's never happened. Nor have I heard of it actually happening to anyone I know. Just sayin'.

I say go for it. Worse case is that you don't like it and take it out and it heals up. Unless it's in there for a long time, it won't even leave a scar.