Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
knitgal
Working the Gusset

UPDATE! My Quick-Knit Throw! With Pictures!
Last night I started the Quick-knit throw from the Lion Brand website that I'm making for my DBF's mom for Christmas. Here's the throw: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70307A.html. I was going to use the same colours it calls for, but once I got them all together, they didn't look great. I chose yellow, leaf green and sage green instead and I think it's turning out very nicely.
This project is knit on size 50 needles, so it's knitting up VERY quickly! I've never knit on anything larger than a size 10 or so, and I felt like I was knitting with pointy logs. Everytime my DBF looked over at me last night, he laughed because of the size of the needles! It's worth it though, because after only a couple of hour's work, I knit over half of my throw (30 inches!). I'm thinking these might make amazing Christmas gifts....

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Last edited by knitgal : 09-04-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Update
knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
looks like it'd be a nice warm throw, and what a fast knit...hummm...may have to try it. I was scared of the big stix when I saw them in the store how do you hold them? Is it a little akward?
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
knitgal
Working the Gusset

It was a little awkward to start knitting with them, but now it's sort of fun. They're really light, which makes them easier to use and it knits up so quickly that it's quite satisfying so you want to keep going. Apparently they're really good for anyone with problems with their hands, like repetitive stress injuries or arthritis, neither of which I have.

FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Slim
Working the Gusset

Can't wait to see pictures when it's done, which sounds like it will be soon!
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
sounds like something I will try in the near future, and I'd like to see pics too.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Pat in Ca

the pattern calls for stockinette stitch..does it curl up at the ends?
thx
pat
Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Okay, so it's 6:50 and I've officially finished the throw....about 24 hours after I started it. I still have to put the fringe on one side, but the knitting is done! I can't believe it. It looks pretty good, fairly loose, large stitches and really long and narrow, sort of like a one person blanket. The edges do curl up a little, which I was worried about. I slipped the first stitch on each row, and I'm not sure I should have, the edges are sort of loose, but it may have curled more if I hadn't slipped them. I may have to experiment with another throw. They take so little time to make I think I have to make another one, or a variation on it. It's sort of boring looking since it's just stockinette stitch. I'd recommend making one, just for fun! I will post pictured as soon as I can!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
hob
Knitting the Flap

i cant wait to see the pic and wow that was quick!.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Weebie
Ribbing the Cuff

Can't wait to see the pictures! It knit up so quick!!

OTN:
Jaywalker Socks
Chevron Scarf
Dream Swatch
Weebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

I have been looking at the baby blanket version of this pattern. After hearing your testimonial I will definately try it... after I finish with the one I am working on now!! I can't wait to see picks!

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness. Albert Einstein

OTN: Baby blanket, baby mittens, discloth, washcloth
StefannyJo is offline   Reply With Quote