Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

Halloween already?
My girls are 2 and 3. My 3 year old keeps going back and forth between a princess, Dora, and a superhero! They both play SuperSylver and SuperPaegan (their names). And the 2 year old got a super man "s" shirt yesterday from her nanny. Craziness!!!! The little one just wants to be whatever the oldest is. It was so much easier when I planned it *L* I guess I better put the knitting down and get sewing!! (courtesy of 3 yo)

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness. Albert Einstein

OTN: Baby blanket, baby mittens, discloth, washcloth
StefannyJo is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
marykz
Working the Gusset

I hear you!!! my daughter wants to be, in random order: Wonder Woman, or SUpergirl, or an Angel, or a Princess. (depending on the hour.)

Whatever it is, she says she needs "pretty shoes". LOL.

Pass the candy corn, and the mini snickers bars please!!!

(I am "cheating" this year and ordering her costume. just can't add any more projects...)

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
My daughter wanted to be a princess...so her costume is already in the closet...yesterday my son came home and said he decided to be a vampire....5mins later or maybe a Power ranger...2 mins later or maybe a Pirate...and of course now my little girl wants to be a Vampire Princess (she doesn't even know what a vampire is, but cause brother came home from school saying he wanted to be on that is all that matters)

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by marykz View Post
Pass the candy corn, and the mini snickers bars please!!!

(I am "cheating" this year and ordering her costume. just can't add any more projects...)
Don't forget to pass the candy corn this way, that is my favorite!

I have thought about "cheating" it would be sooo easy. My mom always made mine, but she sewed everything and stayed at home. I would like to continue the tradition, but *sigh* we will have to see!

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness. Albert Einstein

Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

[quote=dustinac;953288]now my little girl wants to be a Vampire Princess (she doesn't even know what a vampire is, but cause brother came home from school saying he wanted to be on that is all that matters)

That is an easy last minute add on, just a little bit of brother's face make up! If he sticks with that! Good luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
Mariblue
Working the Gusset

My son has been steadfast in his determination to be Spider-man since Nov. 1st of last year. My daughter has been changing her mind all year. She wants to be a pink ballerina, or a purple ballerina, or Black Cat (from Spider-man cartoons), or Wonder Woman...or a pink and purple ballerina. I think the ballerinas will win out, I just have to get her to settle on a color!
Mariblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
My mom always made ours too...She made my son's first couple of costumes...me and a sewing machine don't really mix well lol...

yeah, if he goes with that would be an easy fix...although knowing Roo she won't want the make up on and just go as a princess after a long discussion about it....

Mariblue, good luck on getting her to settle on a color...maybe you could find one that has both colors in it...

I have always wanted to do Raggedy Ann and Andy with them...but Isaiah always says no...and dh doesn't like the idea either... I think it would be cute..

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
marykz
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by StefannyJo View Post
Don't forget to pass the candy corn this way, that is my favorite!
there's a dutch country market here that has a candy shop that stocks the BEST candy corn in the fall..... Mmmmmmmm

My mom alwyas made our costumes too- but we were "gypsies" for several years in a row- all Mom's costume jewelry and a sparkly skirt and a kerchief.... kids now have more definite ideas of how costumes are "supposed" to look, and my sewing skills don't compete.

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
Mariblue
Working the Gusset

I make my kid's costumes every year. I refuse to pay the prices for costumes in the store. Even though my son wants to be Spider-man, I was able to find a pattern for it on ebay. I like the look of homemade costumes anyway, and that's probably a good thing, because we couldn't afford to purchase store bought costumes for all of us!
Halloween is a big deal for us, because I throw a big party every year for my kids and their friends. My children have food allergies, so this is one way for me to be able to let them have some fun treats, without worrying about whether or not they are allergic to some candy that was given to them.
Mariblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

NOOOOOOO! It can't be time already! My kids are use to a mix of store bought and homemade but which will it be this year. DD (11) want to be some sort of goth princess sort of thing, and ds(7) wants to be a digimon. Please let these be cheap store bought creations. I have too much to do. Maybe I should plan a goodwill visit. Someone told me I might have some luck there.
OTN: Wonderful Wallaby for dd(on hold)
Pigeldy done but needs to be seamed and felted
scarf
Thorne market bag
Clogs (to replace shawls)
Christmas Stocking
In line to be cast on:Clogs (2 more pair)
scarf for ds
cat scarf for ds#2
2 booga bags
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote