Old 09-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Feedback wanted: Rainbow Swirl KP OPTIONS
Hi'ya!

When and if someone here at KH purchases the new KP Rainbow Swirl "Harmony" OPTIONS...will you post your opinion here for me?

I would like to know:
1) Do you find them to be slow knitting, medium, or quick?
2) Is the surface smooth and slick for wood?
3) Is the visual impact of the Rainbow Swirl pleasant? Do you find it to be satisfying to look at while knitting along, or is it a little too much eye candy?

I almost ordered sizes 6,7,8,9...then I backed down to size 6...then I backed out altogether.

It is that Rainbow Swirl going on. I am not sure I could take looking at it against my yarn colors. I use variegated yarns a lot more than most folks. I also use beautiful stitch markers on my rows as a type of eye candy! (I also need to use the stitch markers for pattern clarity)

Do you hope that KP offers a solid color wood "option" later on? I woulda jumped right on a solid wood...light, medium or dark wood...wouldn't matter.

I would get all sizes in a solid color wood "option".
Does anyone have any INTEL about that for the future?

Thanks for taking time to help us assess Harmony Rainbow Swirl OPTIONS.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
I ordered the DPN set and will post up some reviews as soon as I get them. (should be today or tomorrow) I'm hoping they are more Crystal Palace than Brittany with regards to the viscosity.

I had been eyeing the Grafton Fibers Darn Pretty dpn's, but just couldn't drop the 30.00 for one set of dpn's. I'm hoping to get one for Christmas or something someday and compare those also. I just love the variegated wood needles! (Maybe one days Socks that Rock can have matching dpn's to go with colorway sets. One can dream, right?)

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChroniclesofYarnia For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (09-11-2007)
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ChroniclesofYarnia View Post
I ordered the DPN set and will post up some reviews as soon as I get them. (should be today or tomorrow) I'm hoping they are more Crystal Palace than Brittany with regards to the viscosity.

I had been eyeing the Grafton Fibers Darn Pretty dpn's, but just couldn't drop the 30.00 for one set of dpn's. I'm hoping to get one for Christmas or something someday and compare those also. I just love the variegated wood needles! (Maybe one days Socks that Rock can have matching dpn's to go with colorway sets. One can dream, right?)
OH WOW! I visited the GraftonFibers.com website! WOW! They have the most delicous looking wood needles! Solids! Swirls in different color combos! Swirls in wood tones! WOW! Circs. DPNs. However, where did you find a retailer that actually sells them?

However, they are not interchangeble. Ohhh, we knitters are a hard bunch to please, ain't we? We just want what we want for the price we want!

Thanks for sharing the intel. I will await your assessment of the KP Harmony DPN's. KP certainly does have the best prices on the net.

Artlady at Rav
Old 09-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

http://estore.websitepros.com/Campan...category=Tools

Ebay also has them in the eStores. The big problem with these are they are hand turned by one guy, so they sell out FAST. I really want the solid green and solid blue ones. *sigh* (I already have 3 different brands of size 1 needles, and I have another set on the way. Do Not Need Needles!)

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChroniclesofYarnia For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (09-11-2007)
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanks for the help! I visited the link you provided, however, did not see circs.

So that got me "on the hunt". I found dpn's and circs
on Ebay, in a shop that is in MY FAVORITE SELLERS! (emtnestr)

HERE is a direct link to her offerings! WOW! She has many sets (circ and dps's) for sale!
Yup, they are spendy. I *may get one circ in that warm wood swirl...to test out the transition from cord to needle. If it hangs up the knitting...yuk. Not for me. Which is why I love KP Options...no hang up.

*No, I don't need any new needles...however...these a mightily tempting. I am a visual person. I guess it comes with the territory! (my career in art sales)

Artlady at Rav
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
Wahlee
Ribbing the Cuff

I ordered a set of size 7 tips. I don't usually like wooden needles at all, but I've only used wood with wool, so we'll see if I like them better for my super slippery yarn.

If you don't like the rainbow colors, you might consider sending Knitpicks an e-mail. They've done all sorts of things in response to customer feedback. If enough people tell them they'd rather have natural-toned needles, I bet they'd make them.

I'm Wahlee on Ravelry!

"I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible."
--Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Wahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Wahlee View Post
I ordered a set of size 7 tips. I don't usually like wooden needles at all, but I've only used wood with wool, so we'll see if I like them better for my super slippery yarn.

If you don't like the rainbow colors, you might consider sending Knitpicks an e-mail. They've done all sorts of things in response to customer feedback. If enough people tell them they'd rather have natural-toned needles, I bet they'd make them.
I was thinking I should do that. And, I will do that tonight!

I visited Ebay tonight and bought one pair size US7 circs called Darn Pretty by Grafton Fibres. These needles are a natural wood swirl...sooo beautiful...in several warm wood tones. I eagerly await their arrival.

I "saved" this photo from the lady's Ebay listing.
I have done business with her many times. She is 100% on top of her business. Her Ebay Yarn Shop is called EMTNSTR. If anyone wants a link to her shop, let me know.
This set of circs was $30...so you see why I need to give KnitPicks a goose!

Artlady at Rav
Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 AM   #8
AnotherBecca
Knitting the Flap

I was thinking of ordering a few sizes that I still need for projects on my wish-to-knit list in the colorful wood...I don't especially love it, but I'd like to give the wood a shot! I'll go ahead and order them and let you know what I think! I was trying to wait to place my order until a book I want gets back in stock...but I doubt I'll be able to do so... I've already been waiting since July!
AnotherBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Those Grafton's are beautiful, and look like they have a nice slick finish. Yummy! (I really, really hope that my KP DPN's aren't just raw wood. )

Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
jmp3775
1st Leg of the Journey

My set is arriving today- I will post feedback.
jmp3775 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmp3775 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (09-12-2007)